cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth Paying for Equifax Credit Score Monitoring?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worth Paying for Equifax Credit Score Monitoring?

I purchase one months service, the Equifax Complete Premier Plan, for a promotional price of $4.95. It provides the credit report and Equifax credit score. I called in to cancel the service because promotional price ended and the regular price would be $19.95. I don't find this service any different than free service such as Credit Karma other than that I receive a Equifax credit score (more accurate?). Is this even worth it for the reduced price of $9.98 per month? 

Besides, how useful is Equifax scores?

Update: Equifax has extemely poor customer reviews: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/privacy/equifax.html?page=2

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Worth Paying for Equifax Credit Score Monitoring?

Agree with you. I personally don't find EQ important. Most of the banks refer to EX and other financial institutions go to TU. Telecom providers and other services are the few who check EQ.

I've Myfico subscription where I see all the 3 scores. Yes, it's not sub 10 dollars but worth what I pay for....if you are only interested in EQ, CK and many credit card companies give it for free !

Message 2 of 5
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Any type of score monitoring service is a waste of money, IMO. You're better off checking your free EQ and TU reports from Credit Karma every week to keep track of "baddies" or fraud.

Message 3 of 5
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

It's a matter of whether or not it's worth it for your own personal reasons.

Peronsonally, I pay for myFICO 3B Scores because I like to know ASAP when something changes on my CR so I can take care of it immediately if need be. I've never been a fan of CK. I also like to know how close I am to my goal scores without having to wait for a non-FICO or card FICO scores to update monthly. Do I aboslutely need it? No. Does it settle my score obsession fix? Yes. It's also nice to have quartly access to credit reports.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

To supplement what I have here on MyFICO, I've tried all 3 of the CRA's score tracking offerings. Of those I'd probably put EQ at the bottom of the bin since their interface is terrible, the mobile app is trash, and their EQ Premiere Plan isn't a FICO score. Their offering that actually has a true FICO score updates a worthless two times per year. 

TU isn't terrible since their alerts for INQ's are instant (literally instant, it's freakishly fast with the mobile app) and account change notifications are fast as well but the score on there is VantageScore 2.0 which is completely useless. 

EX is the best in my opinion and I plan to keep it - their mobile app and webpage interfaces are clean and work well, the scores are true FICO scores and update quickly after statements close, and their simulator is pretty darn accurate from my experience. 

Obviously YMMV but that's my input after trying all three. I plan to keep MyFICO 3B to keep an eye on my actual FICO scores for EQ and TU, and then Experian Credit Tracker since MyFICO takes FOREVER to update EX for whatever reason and it updates the report daily. To wrap it all up, I use CK for the weekly EQ and TU report updates. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.