cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would an old closed account falling off impact my AAoA and lower my FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would an old closed account falling off impact my AAoA and lower my FICO score?

I have an old Citi/Shell gas card opened in 2001 that had perfect payment history, this card was closed in 2005 and is scheduled to fall off my reports next month. Would this card falling off negatively affect my scores?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Would an old closed account falling off impact my AAoA and lower my FICO score?

Depends on if you have any other cards that were opened around the same time frame. If its your oldest card, you might see a decrease in scores, and AAOA, AAHA but if you have other cards whether open or closed showing on you reports with the same time frame you may not see much of a change.
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Would an old closed account falling off impact my AAoA and lower my FICO score?

Its going to cause a change to your AAoA and as already stated the Fico point move will depend on what else you have on file from that time period.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an old Citi/Shell gas card opened in 2001 that had perfect payment history, this card was closed in 2005 and is scheduled to fall off my reports next month. Would this card falling off negatively affect my scores?

It will definietly impact your AAoA but we can't tell you to what degree or if it will lower your score.  You can calculate the change to your AAoA.  If you can't or don't want to manually calculate you can use Excel or any of a number of online AAoA calculators.

Keep in mind that AAoA is generally only 15% (Length of Credit).

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Not much point in worrying over it IMO as there's nothing you can do about it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.