Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow, TrueCredit really IS strict

tag
smoothjk
Contributor

Re: Wow, TrueCredit really IS strict

I actually called them today and spoke with a customer service rep. I told her how I was temporarily suspended (I have since logged on a few times), and I was worried about getting banned. I told her that many people have complained about lifetime bans for logging in too much, and I thought this was unfair because the product is advertised as unlimited access.

She seemed surprised at this, and agreed that I should be able to log in as many times as I want without any ill effect. She guessed that maybe the temporary suspension is a glitch in the system and that if I had tried to log in again immediately after, I might have been fine.

Anyhow, I don't know how much I trust her words, but I do feel a little bit more at ease about this service. It really does offer a lot of great info, and I hope to use it for a long time without any problems.
FICO (06/17/08): TU 691 - EQ 642 - EX 638 - Util 64%
FICO (07/23/08): TU 698 - EQ 653 - EX 644 - Util 50%
FICO (02/04/09): TU 694 - EQ 668 - EX 654 - Util 43%
FICO (05/18/09): TU 687 - EQ 675 - EX n/a - Util 39%
FICO (03/09/10): TU 666 - EQ: 691 - EX 644 - Util 54%
IDGuard (2/8/12): TU 690 - EQ: 710 - EX 710 - Util 72%
FICO (03/13/12): EQ: 696 (87% revolving to limits)
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

smoothjk wrote:
I actually called them today and spoke with a customer service rep. I told her how I was temporarily suspended (I have since logged on a few times), and I was worried about getting banned. I told her that many people have complained about lifetime bans for logging in too much, and I thought this was unfair because the product is advertised as unlimited access.

She seemed surprised at this, and agreed that I should be able to log in as many times as I want without any ill effect. She guessed that maybe the temporary suspension is a glitch in the system and that if I had tried to log in again immediately after, I might have been fine.

Anyhow, I don't know how much I trust her words, but I do feel a little bit more at ease about this service. It really does offer a lot of great info, and I hope to use it for a long time without any problems.

They haven't been cancelling accounts for several months, AFAIK.  The cancellations weren't a result of logging in too much; they were a result of pulling new reports too often.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if your were suspended for a short time for too many logins. Maybe a wrong password or some kind of fraud protection thinking you were not you and locked your user name and password not your account?
Message 23 of 28
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

I'm in the process of rebuilding and I admit I'm a "frequent Puller"  That is what I pay for and that is what I expect. 
CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

for truecredit: how do u pull a new report?
Message 25 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Click "Your credit" then "credit reports" to pull up your current report.

Look over on the right in the blue column and find "Update report."

Click that, and close the pop-up box. Click the the "I agree" box and type the wacko numbers in the box.

You'll get a screen expressing amazement that you would want a more current report --click "update." (You have to be persistent with TC. Smiley Wink )

This will finally bring up your updated report.

After admiring all the green boxes, click "printable report" to get a better view of your dates, etc.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-14-2008 05:13 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Click "Your credit" then "credit reports" to pull up your current report.

Look over on the right in the blue column and find "Update report."

Click that, and close the pop-up box. Click the the "I agree" box and type the wacko numbers in the box.

You'll get a screen expressing amazement that you would want a more current report --click "update." (You have to be persistent with TC. Smiley Wink )

This will finally bring up your updated report.

After admiring all the green boxes, click "printable report" to get a better view of your dates, etc.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-14-2008 05:13 PM

And don't forget the bouncing balls that come up while your report is refreshing.  If you have a lot of soft pulls on your report, you have to watch them for quite a while sometimes.

Hauling, was it you or Peas who referred to this screen as, "The bouncing balls of doom."? LOL

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-14-2008 11:04 PM
Message 27 of 28
smoothjk
Contributor

You'll get a screen expressing amazement that you would want a more current report --click "update." (You have to be persistent with TC. Smiley Wink

Haha, that's a funny and accurate description of the process. You can almost hear a sigh of hesitation from the website, or rolling eyes somewhere behind the computer screen.
FICO (06/17/08): TU 691 - EQ 642 - EX 638 - Util 64%
FICO (07/23/08): TU 698 - EQ 653 - EX 644 - Util 50%
FICO (02/04/09): TU 694 - EQ 668 - EX 654 - Util 43%
FICO (05/18/09): TU 687 - EQ 675 - EX n/a - Util 39%
FICO (03/09/10): TU 666 - EQ: 691 - EX 644 - Util 54%
IDGuard (2/8/12): TU 690 - EQ: 710 - EX 710 - Util 72%
FICO (03/13/12): EQ: 696 (87% revolving to limits)
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.