Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing a Dispute Letter to CRA

tag
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Writing a Dispute Letter to CRA

I have a lot of baddies in my CR. Some of them are just being rereported by different CA's. I would like to dispute them. Can anyone help me in How to formulate a Dispute letter? Thanks, Chanduwar
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Writing a Dispute Letter to CRA

A lot of this will depend on how many baddies you have, the dates of them, and if you are willing to make an attempt to settle with them IF they can prove it is yours. I normally will do between 3-5 at a time with my Disputes. However, since these are CA's, you will want to DV them. Did you pull all 3 reports yet? If so, do they have all the addresses for the CA's? Keep in mind that once you DV these clowns, they may really turn on the heat, so you will need to know the SOL in your state, DOFD/DOLA.

I am actually working on a DV letter template for myself Smiley Happy I will post it when I am done so it can be critiqued.
Message 2 of 3
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Writing a Dispute Letter to CRA

@Anonymous wrote:
A lot of this will depend on how many baddies you have, the dates of them, and if you are willing to make an attempt to settle with them IF they can prove it is yours. I normally will do between 3-5 at a time with my Disputes. However, since these are CA's, you will want to DV them. Did you pull all 3 reports yet? If so, do they have all the addresses for the CA's? Keep in mind that once you DV these clowns, they may really turn on the heat, so you will need to know the SOL in your state, DOFD/DOLA.

I am actually working on a DV letter template for myself Smiley Happy I will post it when I am done so it can be critiqued.

Hi cujo31, Most of my baddies are past SOL. I think only 2 are still in the period. I have all the 3 CR's. I have never written a Dispute letter to a CRA. So How would I approach this? Would appreciate the help. Chanduwar
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.