cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Payment info on home loan during bankruptcy

tag
Unionfirefighter

Wrong Payment info on home loan during bankruptcy

I filed bankruptcy back in  mid 2016 and it was finalised in Jan. 2017.  I just noticed today that my Home loan account with Experian only are showing me being late 1 time over 90 days during the the bankruptcy.  This is wrong.  I have never been 1 day late for my home loan and I have proof.  It dose not show what months they think I was late just that I was 90 days late once.  So my question is do I try to get this fixed or since it was included in the bankruptcy should I let it go?   Is this hurting my Score?  Any help would be great.  Thanks Dave 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wrong Payment info on home loan during bankruptcy

If it is only being stated as late by way of comment, and is not showing any lates in your payment history profile, I would first get a more complete report from annualcreditreport.com before pursuing.

If showing in your payment history profile, then yes it is affecting scoring.  A 90-late is a major derog, and is worth the filing of a dispute to seek correction.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.