cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong scores, addresses and no available lines of credit!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong scores, addresses and no available lines of credit!!!

Im just starting out and I began my journey asking everyone's help with cards that would take a 510 score (found on credit karma). I then bought my fico scores and found out that they report as Ex: 551 TU: 552 EQ: 547.

I then try getting pre-qualified for Capital One. They think I will like the platinum card but I am also pre-qualified for the quicksilver card....not sure if that will be approved though. I say that because credit one denied me based on a 511 experian score. How is that when that is not my score??? They are also saying it is because I didn't put in my address and other things, but it was just a prequalify app. None of that was on there.

I also noted that all but one of the credit bureaus has the correct address. I have been told that can result in a denial.

So I guess my question is which scores are they going by and what card, loan or any other line of credits would be better to focus on if the credit cards I applied for are using a different version of fico than the ones I have?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wrong scores, addresses and no available lines of credit!!!

Credit Karma and Credit Sesame are not real FICO scores.

I would first write a letter to each bureau (Trans Union, Equifax and Experian), with your correct address, social security # and a copy of your DL to confirm your identity.  That should update within thirty (30) days.

Then, I would go for the Cap1 quicksilver.  You should start seeing an improvement in scores (with the addition of 2 more cards; after you get your info corrected above).

Goodluck!!

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Wrong scores, addresses and no available lines of credit!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
Im just starting out and I began my journey asking everyone's help with cards that would take a 510 score (found on credit karma).

Allegedly some creditors use the VantageScores provided by Credit Karma but I've never found anything the clearly states who does.  Therefore we really can't tell you who would approve you based on a 501 VantageScore.  You don't have just one score form Credit Karma either.  CK provides scores based on TU and EQ.

@Anonymous wrote:
I say that because credit one denied me based on a 511 experian score. How is that when that is not my score???

You don't have just one Experian (or any of the 3 major CRA's) score.  There are many scoring models used by creditors.  Both the specific model and the CRA matter so make sure you're considering both of those when referring to any score.

@Anonymous wrote:
I also noted that all but one of the credit bureaus has the correct address. I have been told that can result in a denial.

Address won't affect your credit but it can have an impact on verification.

Your addresses with the CRA's are updated by your creditors.

@Anonymous wrote:
So I guess my question is which scores are they going by

Depends on the creditor.  We can't cover every possibility in a thread.  You can refer to prior discussions but I'd suggest referring to the Credit Pulls Database (easily found by Googling).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.