New Visitor
sktnyc2

Re: Wrongful debt collection from dentist office

I received the letter from the CA sometime last month. I sent them a debt validation request and got the response from them yesterday. They included a copy of the bill from the dentist office. The bill has wrong first name, address line 1 was correct, but wrong city and wrong zip code. Even if the dentist office did send me the bills, I never would have received it.

I am thinking of paying the CA and file a small claims suit against the dentist office for negligence (first name was a typo, but the city and zip were completely different). Does this sound like an ok plan?

And before I pay the CA, do I have to get it in writing from them that this will not end up in my credit report? Or is that assumed?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry I am posting under sktnyc2, I forgot the login for sktnyc.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}