cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YES! I just received a scorewatch that my score went up by 39. . .

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES! I just received a scorewatch that my score went up by 39. . .

points! I don't know why, but I am not complaining. Is there a way that you can find out why your score has jumped. Not that I really careSmiley Happy Oh I cannot believe it. I am absolutley THRILLED!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YES! I just received a scorewatch that my score went up by 39. . .

Congratulations!!!

I'm thinking though, don't you want to find out what happened so you can make more of that happen?
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Doesn't it feel great to get that email!
Message 3 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well done.  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I would love to know what I did or didn't do that made it go up, but I don't know how to find out. I do know that on our credit card we always try to pay off the balance to within 20-25 dollars, could that make that much of a difference? I am so new to this that I just don't know what happened. If anyone has any ideas or knows where I can find out pass it along.
Message 5 of 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

FICOtini time!
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an email that my score had gone up about that much, too.  I also showed the account that made it go up.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

smooshiesmom wrote:
points! I don't know why, but I am not complaining. Is there a way that you can find out why your score has jumped. Not that I really careSmiley Happy Oh I cannot believe it. I am absolutley THRILLED!

If you have scorewatch, then it should tell you under the alerts.....at least mine does....
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I can tell I think it is because I have paid down my cc balance.  It was at a high util but we got it down to about 10%.  It went up 39 points from 6-5 to 6-21.  Fantastic.  I would not have known about any of this if not for this board.  You guys are GREATSmiley Happy  I have told so many friends and family about this board.  It said that the following was not hurting my score as much as before and it said "Making heavy use of of your available revolving credit."  So I am assuming that it is because we paid down the cc. 
Message 9 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

smooshiesmom wrote:

It said that the following was not hurting my score as much as before and it said "Making heavy use of of your available revolving credit."  So I am assuming that it is because we paid down the cc. 

Go for the magic 1-9%  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.