Frequent Contributor

YES! I just received a scorewatch that my score went up by 39. . .

points! I don't know why, but I am not complaining. Is there a way that you can find out why your score has jumped. Not that I really careSmiley Happy Oh I cannot believe it. I am absolutley THRILLED!
Established Contributor

Re: YES! I just received a scorewatch that my score went up by 39. . .

Congratulations!!!

I'm thinking though, don't you want to find out what happened so you can make more of that happen?
New Contributor

Congrats! Doesn't it feel great to get that email!
Super Contributor

Well done.  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Frequent Contributor

Yes I would love to know what I did or didn't do that made it go up, but I don't know how to find out. I do know that on our credit card we always try to pay off the balance to within 20-25 dollars, could that make that much of a difference? I am so new to this that I just don't know what happened. If anyone has any ideas or knows where I can find out pass it along.
Moderator Emeritus

FICOtini time!
Regular Contributor

I received an email that my score had gone up about that much, too.  I also showed the account that made it go up.
Frequent Contributor

smooshiesmom wrote:
points! I don't know why, but I am not complaining. Is there a way that you can find out why your score has jumped. Not that I really careSmiley Happy Oh I cannot believe it. I am absolutley THRILLED!

If you have scorewatch, then it should tell you under the alerts.....at least mine does....
Frequent Contributor

From what I can tell I think it is because I have paid down my cc balance.  It was at a high util but we got it down to about 10%.  It went up 39 points from 6-5 to 6-21.  Fantastic.  I would not have known about any of this if not for this board.  You guys are GREATSmiley Happy  I have told so many friends and family about this board.  It said that the following was not hurting my score as much as before and it said "Making heavy use of of your available revolving credit."  So I am assuming that it is because we paid down the cc. 
Super Contributor

smooshiesmom wrote:

It said that the following was not hurting my score as much as before and it said "Making heavy use of of your available revolving credit."  So I am assuming that it is because we paid down the cc. 

Go for the magic 1-9%  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.