Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS IS LEGAL???!!!!

tag
chozyn1
Valued Member

YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS IS LEGAL???!!!!

hey all , i have a quick question. I just checked my credit report today and it said i had a new collection!!! Now i have not heard from these people before therefore i didnt have any recollection of this account. Its from 2003. Now they say i owe them 28.00. I thought they had to at least try to get in touch with you y phone or letter or something and give you the chance to pay before just slapping it on the credit report. Can they do this??? 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS IS LEGAL???!!!!

depends. read the credit 101 and find out what the SOL (its in the file) and the DOFD (also there).

Kevin
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS IS LEGAL???!!!!

It seems they can- and this is BS

DV them ASAP-

chozyn1 wrote:
hey all , i have a quick question. I just checked my credit report today and it said i had a new collection!!! Now i have not heard from these people before therefore i didnt have any recollection of this account. Its from 2003. Now they say i owe them 28.00. I thought they had to at least try to get in touch with you y phone or letter or something and give you the chance to pay before just slapping it on the credit report. Can they do this??? 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.