Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay!! Another EX baddie removed!!

tag
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Yay!! Another EX baddie removed!!

Yay!! Ex has deleted another account!!  This was a Verizon acct showing charged off from 2003. I disputed it and it is gone (the collection account is still there though -- Midland!).  I know it is older than 2 years but do you think i'll get some pts from this removal? I think I got a few pts from having another baddie that was way older removed, so I'm hoping for the best.

So far, I've only had baddies removed from EX, I have a few stewing for EQ and TU and hoping for the best. The dreaded Cap 1 will fall off next month. I'm hoping to see some serious gains from that one (it has my util at over 200%), once that's gone my util will be about 9%.

I am wanting so badly to see 600 on EX and TU, I can hardly stand it!! EQ is a different story. If I can see 500 there, I'll be happy.  Hoping to have another 2 ca's removed in the next month (one's 1 year old and the other is a few years older but I want it paid!).  

Anxiously awaiting 600 (I know that sounds ridiculous to you in the 700 club, but I'm psyched!)!

creditgirl

FICO 9/1/07
TU--534
EX---552
EQ---454
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yay!! Another EX baddie removed!!

sounds like you're improving faster than me. the only way i can get the simulator to give me a raise of more than 10 pts is to not do anything for 24 months but pay on time. ugh. no credit is no fun. eq - 568 ex - 525 tu - 570
Message 2 of 6
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

You Go Girl!Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 6
crazynurse123
Valued Member

Congratulations. I am in about the same boat as you. Our scores are nearly identical. I sent out a slew of GW letters and PFD letters last month and I haven't heard from all the creditors but my scores have jumped 30-35 pts with all the CRA's. I'm not questioning it, just tickled pink about it.  Keep up the good work.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are doing GREAT. Take it slow & do it right. It takes time to get scores up but 1 late payment can dump you in the john.

Every baddie that you can get removed will move you closer to 600 and then 700
Message 5 of 6
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks you guys! This board is great. I would've had no idea what to do if it was not for you all.  Just found out that TU removed a charged off credit card. It was really old and probably won't net me any pts, but I'm happy to have another derog gone!

I'm sending out some GW's next week for some late payments. I doubt I'll have any luck because they are student loans but I'm gonna try anyway!  They were all lates caused by delays in processing deferments or forbearances so maybe they'll give. We will see!!
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.