cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay I am in the 700 club! 228 point increase!

tag
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: Yay I am in the 700 club! 228 point increase!

score_building wrote:
for heaven's sake, to me, a  year seems like a short  period of time for a 200 point recovery.  Awesome to know what is possible!  NICE.

Timothy wrote:
My PFICO looked just like this- took me a full year though to get 200 points

congrats.

No doubt, gives you a bit of hope and reminds you to never give up.Smiley Happy

Message Edited by score_building on 09-17-2008 08:06 PM

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, can you share your secrets?  Did you pay off a major debt or just continue to make payments on-time?
I am trying to increase my score to get a mortgage.
Message 12 of 37
athensguy
Valued Contributor

That's a heck of a nice slope!
Message 13 of 37
makeynik
Regular Contributor

Awesome! Mine had been in the dredges for so long, I love to see yours, because my starting scores were similiar, and am nearing 150 point increase soon...so 200 increase is possible!!! Yea for you!!!
6/30/08 TU 441 EQ 425 EX 513
8/01/08 TU 499 EQ 488 EX 489
8/23/08 EQ 556
9/04/08 EQ 567
11/14/08 TU 531, EQ 582, EX 509
12/29/08 EQ 620 (yea!) EX 546 TU 555
1/17/2009 TU 568 EQ 620 EX 584, 4/15/09 TU 506, EQ 612
5/24/09 TU 558, EQ 646
Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the late reply guys, been very busy lately Smiley Sad.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

My scores are actually lower on the WAMU PFICO than my real FICOs I pulled from here. My real ones were higher last time I pulled them in June, I was above 685 on all of them. I have not pulled them since then. Also True Credit FAKOs are in low 600's/high 500's. Just shows not to use or look at FAKOs EVER!

As for what I did, there really is no magic. I paid almost all my debts off, including collections. I paid on time(almost always have, just missed on 2 accounts, which went to collections and they were reporting late payments. I can't pay them, if they don't own the debt anymore). I also lowered my Util(paying off collections helped), I went from over 50% to currently I think 2%. I had numerous inaccuracies on my report.

I paid off over 10K in that time frame. I do not really buy much luxuries or spend lavishly. Most of my debt was due to being laid off, unable to pay while laid off and then having to help my parent who had financial.

What did I do?
1) READ, READ, READ, READ! There is soooo much info here.

2) Pulled all my reports. Sat down with a pen, examined each and everything.

3) I made a plan, what do I want(good credit, 700 score minimum), what do I need to do to get there(correct my credit report, pay off debt, monitor CR) and then I took action(writing to CRA's, to companies and saved/paid all that debt!, signed up for truecredit and checked CR for inaccuracies everyday and updates as I could see when a CRA made changes).

4) I disputed all incorrect information(I had several accounts on there the CRAs mixed on my report, that were not mine, several wrong missed payment notices, wrong inquiries on Equifax or Experian and wrong amounts being reported or being reported more than once.) The problem is, wrong info can show up overnight, BUT they take 30-60 days to correct this info; how convenient.

4) Sit back and enjoy your new fond score Smiley Very Happy

You need to spend about 15 minutes a day, working on your credit and you will be on teh road to success. I notice some people here complain they buy too much, etc etc etc. Aside from mortgage and basic bills I have no luxuries. Not to say I do not live well, but I live within my means Smiley Happy.

Also be honest, I know I had all that debt and admitted and did the right thing. Lying or pretending something is yours will not help. I sent GWs and tried to talk to companies to remove lates explaining my situation. It did not help, but some did like I was honest. I know I had F'ed up and I am man enough to admit my mistakes.

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by Sushi on 09-21-2008 11:56 AM
Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

I want to join the club, will give us some details of how u did it?  I see it was a year in progress; i like to start the new year with a bang!
Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share the steps you took to increase your score within one year.
Message 17 of 37
trinitee808
New Visitor

So what did you do increase your score? I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Message 18 of 37
HeatherMcK11
New Visitor

Can you share any of your secrets for success?  I am looking for the same increase and one year is a great goal!  Can you tell me some key points that you did first to see the greatest increase?  I am eager to learn!
Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

please share ur secrets im at 606 right now unfortunately.
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.