cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay I am in the 700 club! 228 point increase!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yay I am in the 700 club! 228 point increase!

Congratulations!  Care to share some advice?
Message 31 of 37
ladyvg270
Regular Contributor

Hi!

How do you get your credit scores to go up? Im confused exactly what percentage should you have on your credit card if you have a 500.00 credit limit?

Message 32 of 37
cfletch123
Established Member

Thanks for being so specific. I can relate. Good luck!
Message 33 of 37
Ryan2151
Valued Member

Best to keep your utilization at less than 10% regardless of credit limit and ALWAYS pay before the due date. I started the long road to repairing my credit a little less than a year ago and just by obtaining several new credit accounts and a personal loan and paying those accounts on time, I've seen my scores go from the low 500's to the high 600's!
Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are simply amazing and I know you have to proud off your achievement, MAJOR from where you came....Keep up the good work. Hopefully I'll be able to join you soon.
Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sushi,

What's the secret?

I just can't seem to get there. How did you do it?

Message 36 of 37
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Congrats job well done.  I started working on repairing my CR last year and that's all I did for six months.  I sent all kinds of letters and was quite successful my score jumped 100 points (Woooooo Hooooo).  Then all of a sudden collections started showing up and all kinds of the unexpcted happened.  Besides all this going on I got sued by Asset Acceptance and I gave up said the heck with it they win.  Got lots and lots of support from the MODS and others and encouragement.  Now I'm back and this is nothing short of a boost of energy and excitement that it is possible to jump that high once again thanks for sharing.
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.