Did you mean: 

Yes, I am being cheap

tag
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Yes, I am being cheap

Is there a way to pull my scores whenever I want for free. LOL

I have ScoreWatch and Suze Ormans Platinum Kit
So that one is fine.  But I havent repulled the others since I started the package last year.  I was trying to hold off because I have 2 more pulls left before it expires in September.  I have had some success with my GWs and PFDs and I wanna see what my other scores and CRs.  I only have updated EQ scores and thats only because i get that through scorewatch.

Ex: I sent a GW to Walmart, didnt get a response but scorewatch told me they updated and changed the status on the account but I cant see if the lates were removed.  And this came thru 2 days after I had pulled my free credit reports for the year.  It seems as though TU are the only jokers who allow you access to your report online for 30 days. 

So after all that my questions are:

Anyway to get updated scores for free?
Anyway to get updated CRs or see updated TLs for free?
Basically Im looking for free stuff LOL

Message Edited by Ceejay1978 on 06-24-2008 10:53 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yes, I am being cheap

Ceejay1978 wrote:
Is there a way to pull my scores whenever I want for free. LOL

I have ScoreWatch and Suze Ormans Platinum Kit
So that one is fine.  But I havent repulled the others since I started the package last year.  I was trying to hold off because I have 2 more pulls left before it expires in September.  I have had some success with my GWs and PFDs and I wanna see what my other scores and CRs.  I only have updated EQ scores and thats only because i get that through scorewatch.

Ex: I sent a GW to Walmart, didnt get a response but scorewatch told me they updated and changed the status on the account but I cant see if the lates were removed.  And this came thru 2 days after I had pulled my free credit reports for the year.  It seems as though TU are the only jokers who allow you access to your report online for 30 days. 

So after all that my questions are:

Basically Im looking for free stuff LOL

Message Edited by Ceejay1978 on 06-24-2008 10:53 AM

Nope, you can't get FICO scores for free.  You can't get reports for free, either, except once per year.

What you can do, however, is subscribe to a monitoring service like True Credit, which allows you to pull all three reports every 24 hours.  As of right now, that service is $14.95 a month.  (Ignore the scores that come with services like those, however.  They are complete garbage.)

Then, when you see changes on those reports that should trigger FICO changes, you can purchase your actual FICO scores in a timely, yet cost-effective, manner.

These companies are in the businesses they are in to make money.  Like any other business, they don't give their products away for free.

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-24-2008 12:02 PM
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ceejay1978 wrote:

No (other than EQ thru SW) and no comment, other than to say you can order your reports for free annually via annualcreditreport.com or you can get it for free if you have been denied for credit from that CR within past 60 days.

Edit to add....Cheddar is a faster typer. His mod-like powers gave him bionic typing skills.

Message Edited by llecs on 06-24-2008 03:04 PM
Message 3 of 6
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Cool, thanks guys.

I've been scared of TrueCredit but if you guess recommend and I can pull any time I want then i'm on it !!!!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard good things about the TrueCredit monitoring service. The scores that come with it can't be compared to FICO scores. The advice given with the scores...well, there is some truth to it, but it doesn't always jive with what's good for your FICO score.

The non-FICO scores given with the TC service are useful as "canaries in the coal mine." Don't pay attention to small fluctuations, but yes, if one drops 32 points in a day you might want to take a close look at your credit report.
Message 5 of 6
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

OP:

If you have an Amex (issued by Amex) you can get CS (CreditSecure) from them for 11.99/mo.  Not quite as detailed as TC with respect to reporting dates, but it is a little bit cheaper.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.