Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes. We closed on our house Today!

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

Yes. We closed on our house Today!

All I can say is "JOIN YOUR LOCAL CU" Some of you guys know my story, 6mth ago avg fico 569, today avg is 660. credit union locked me in @ 6.625% I was already approved with another lender @ 7.25%. I figured I would give my cu a shot and the rest is history! My
agent who has been in the industry for over 9 yrs and has never dealt with a CU said this is the first loan she seen go thru with such ease from beginning to end.They gave me many perks including first payment not due till DEC!!!If your in VA, Join VACU now..

I don't want to mention names because I'm afraid I'll leave someone important out so..

"THANK YOU" to all of you who helped me out over the last 6 mths answering all my crazy questions!!!!!

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yes. We closed on our house Today!

Very Happy for you!! Congrads!Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

wtggggggggggggggg  eric      yes CU's are known to be very good
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I join a Credit union?
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your success!!
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh hearty congratulations for you and yours eric! I know how thrilled you all are! Excellent post. Another success story Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoy!!!
Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

cspar1212 wrote:

anyone?
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

cspar, in the stickyies at the top of the page there's a sticky entitled BK friendly ccc's:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=207

MANY CU'S are listed there. Good luck!
Message 9 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

anyone?

It used to be that you had to be in a very tightly-defined affinity group to qualify--usually employees of a common employer. That has loosened up considerably, and one credit union in my area even says on the commercials that you can be a member if you live, work, study, shop, or go to church in Xxxx County. (You can tell I live in the Bible belt! we even get church references in CU commercials.)

I'll bet now that you're aware of it, that you will see billboards and local newspaper ads and TV commercials for several CU's in your area. They may have an older name like Appalachian Bomb-Builders Employee's Credit Union or Worn-Out and Exasperated K-12 Teachers' CU, but you can probably join. Our local Bomb Builders' CU is renaming itself, because so many people don't realize that they can join. CU's are really going out and competing for members, and they have some good deals going.

There are also CU's that go beyond local areas, such as the military credit unions. USAA seems to get categorized as a credit union, even though they're called a Federal Savings Bank. It's for current and recently separated military personnel, plus a few other categories.

I'd start with your Yellow Pages.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.