Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You Do Not Have Any Public Records ????

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

You Do Not Have Any Public Records ????

Hello All -

This past weekened I was approved for a Chase - surprisingly - as I have two judgements  - one paid 2011 one upaid 2009.  And previously, I was denied because of those jugements.  On Sat,  I noticed on my EX report - under What is Helping Your Score - it said - "You Do Not Have Any Public Records."  Tonight, I pulled TU and EQ  and the TU says the same thing - in fact it the exact same score - I find that interesting considering EX just took 2 HPs since Friday and I have just 4 INQ on TU and 12 on EX.  In any case -   Anyone have an idea of why both reports are saying this when those PR certainly DO show up on both reports.

EQ does not say this - and interestingly too - THAT report is 25 points higher than the other two.  Wow - that one is at 761  -  The others are at 738.

This goes to show you how things like lates can hurt you -  I Have some lates on a personal loan on TU and EX from 4/2009 -212011 that my CU has repeatedly said they would remove, but have not -BTW - will those lates continue to report until 2016-2018?

Thanks -

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: You Do Not Have Any Public Records ????

where did you pull reports?  and the scores? Fico or Fako?

Message 2 of 7
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Discover Score Tracker -  EX - EQ - TU -  The TU is usually consistent with what I get from Barclay and Walmart -   So I figured they were FICOs -  I do not know how to tell -  I will Google it.  And it appears my EX took a small hit from the two INQs this past weekend - Before then it was 741.  I just tried to get my Barclay FICO and is says last updated 11/21/13 - and it is at 733.  I do not have the option to update the score -   

Credit Score:738761738
Risk Level:Low RiskLow RiskLow Risk
Score Rank:57.60%73.79%57.60%

What's helping My Score

• Credit cards are considered "maxed-out" when you have spent 90% or more of the credit limit. Lenders view you as someone who uses their credit responsibly and spends only what they can afford.

• You have spent very little of the credit that has been extended to you. Lenders see this as a sign of responsible credit behavior and are likely to extend you additional credit as a result.

• Credit Cards allow you to both spend money and decrease debt; unlike mortgages or installment loans where you only decrease debt. Lenders like to see multiple credit cards on your credit report, because they are able to use them to better determine your ability to manage your spending.

• You do not have any Public Records (i.e. bankruptcies, tax liens, and court judgments) on your credit report. Lenders see these issues as major barriers to extending additional credit.

• You have done a great job at making all of your payments on time. The purpose of a credit score is to help lenders predict whether or not you will miss payments in the future, so keeping your record clean is a very positive factor.

• Credit cards are considered "maxed-out" when you have spent 90% or more of the credit limit. Lenders view you as someone who uses their credit responsibly and spends only what they can afford.

• You have spent very little of the credit that has been extended to you. Lenders see this as a sign of responsible credit behavior and are likely to extend you additional credit as a result.

• Credit Cards allow you to both spend money and decrease debt; unlike mortgages or installment loans where you only decrease debt. Lenders like to see multiple credit cards on your credit report, because they are able to use them to better determine your ability to manage your spending.

• You do not have any Public Records (i.e. bankruptcies, tax liens, and court judgments) on your credit report. Lenders see these issues as major barriers to extending additional credit.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 3 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I am not familiar with Score Tracker but doubt these are Fico scores.  Do you only get scores and explanations with this service or also the full reports? If so look at what is on the report rather than the translated explanations from this service. If the public records show on the report then they are unfortunately on the reports no matter what the explanation tells you.... sad but true Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 7
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

I have the actual reports - I have been reviewing all three for the past hour - They are all correct - with the only discrepancies being the late payments reporting on EX and TU but not EQ - That has always  been the case - and EX has the TY Preferred card I was approved for on Fri already reporting, but the others do not.  I checked my actual monthly statement - and it says -  My FICO is 733 as of 12/11/13, which is pretty consistent with Walmart and Barclay -  I did get a notification that it went up to 741 on 12/14.  I am not surprised that it is back down - at least according to the reports I just pulled  - given the new INQs.  

At the very least  - I KNOW they are giving a FICO score on the actual statements -  I thought what they were providing through Score Tracker were also FICOs.  I am not concerned about the scores - but it is strange that I would get the message that I had no public records - I got very happy for a minute and thought they came off early!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Changingmantra wrote:

I have the actual reports - I have been reviewing all three for the past hour - They are all correct - with the only discrepancies being the late payments reporting on EX and TU but not EQ - That has always  been the case - and EX has the TY Preferred card I was approved for on Fri already reporting, but the others do not.  I checked my actual monthly statement - and it says -  My FICO is 733 as of 12/11/13, which is pretty consistent with Walmart and Barclay -  I did get a notification that it went up to 741 on 12/14.  I am not surprised that it is back down - at least according to the reports I just pulled  - given the new INQs.  

At the very least  - I KNOW they are giving a FICO score on the actual statements -  I thought what they were providing through Score Tracker were also FICOs.  I am not concerned about the scores - but it is strange that I would get the message that I had no public records - I got very happy for a minute and thought they came off early!  Smiley Happy

Oh I know...this would habe been a nice xmas present. 

The translated text is sometimes funny as it told me my credit is too high and this made me really smile.  My debt was 8 x 1$ = 8$..LOL..It ment  I had too many accounts with balances instead because I was doing a little challenge for Score Watch by reporting all 8 accounts with a 1$ balance to see what would happen to my Fico score...that was a very interesting experiment for me and also a very big surprise.

Message 6 of 7
bed
Valued Member

Score Tracker used VantageScore.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.