cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You know you should be in the Garden Club when......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know you should be in the Garden Club when......

I think we all want a nice set of credit cards and balance them perfectly and watch them reach lofty CS numbers..

However, the road is bumpy and there is no clear direction, especially since we all have different goals and incomes. 

The other day I applied for such and such card .....and suddenly I couldn't remember if I had already applied for this card....yikes!

It was time to enter the garden.....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: You know you should be in the Garden Club when......

New guy here...but I had to say I smiled at your post. It made me remember back when I was younger and went on sprees at Christmas time in the stores, applying for their cards.  Whats even more funny, back then, in the 80s I did just that, applied for the store card twice. What do you know, two cards came with different account numbers!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

New guy here...but I had to say I smiled at your post. It made me remember back when I was younger and went on sprees at Christmas time in the stores, applying for their cards.  Whats even more funny, back then, in the 80s I did just that, applied for the store card twice. What do you know, two cards came with different account numbers!

That is funny.....

And I would get 2 denials and 6 inqs from good Ole Cap 1 ...

And welcome to club!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Julie! I look at the board when I get bored in the office. Board and Bored...LOL!  The community is fascinating. Friday, the boss is out so I will work on my Siggy and really get into this.  Smiley Happy-

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Julie! I look at the board when I get bored in the office. Board and Bored...LOL!  The community is fascinating. Friday, the boss is out so I will work on my Siggy and really get into this.  Smiley Happy-

HAHA I do the same thing if I have a little break between cases.

Message 5 of 10
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Did you get approved twice? That's what we all want to really know!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appleman wrote:

Did you get approved twice? That's what we all want to really know!

Well....As I recall....my mind was made up to get started with cap 1. And the prequal site ( very good chance ) goaded me on. I have decent scores ...all over 700(715 average).

So it looks good until they dig into my real app. Which has holes galore for various reasons. Anyway....what is funny is that I knew better.

So I applied forgetting that I had applied before and I got my 3 inqs .

We often delude ourselves as we read the approval thread.

But what fun this has all been. And in spite of my mistakes...I am improving  bit by bit

So to answer your question..no , l didn't get either approval.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been there. Done that. Thanks for the memories.

Message 8 of 10
Grafton88
Established Contributor

I haven't had that problem in 2016.  I have made 2 apps and have gotten 2 immediate denials.  So I went into the garden until my report is squeaky clean.

Come this September I will be ready to buy a new car.

I found the garden thread to have some helpful hints as to setting up a plan.  I also found the threads where people are turning in cards to be helpful.  Some people have gone on too many app sprees and are paying the price score wise.

The only new app I want is one that will help me find my reading glasses.

Message 9 of 10
_NERD
Established Contributor

...when I don't need credit. 

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.