Frequent Contributor
basballguy

You're killing me, Smalls!

i just learned (by reading old threads) the TX Attorney General reports child support balances to CRAs.  And i still can't get the other party to pay their bill.  I know if I had this reporting I'd be paying it like clockwork.

pizzadude

Re: You're killing me, Smalls!

basballguy wrote:

i just learned (by reading old threads) the TX Attorney General reports child support balances to CRAs.  And i still can't get the other party to pay their bill.  I know if I had this reporting I'd be paying it like clockwork.

Child Support Tradelines are not factored into your FICO score ~ so even if they're on your report it won't lower your FICO score.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Valued Contributor
tcbofade

pizzadude wrote:

basballguy wrote:

Child Support Tradelines are not factored into your FICO score ~ so even if they're on your report it won't lower your FICO score.

Wanna bet?

My child support shows up on all three, and EQ cannot report it correctly...constantly reports with some 120 late, or CA, or CO....none of which are accurate.

My EQ is consistantly 40-50 points lower than my TU and EX which report my child support correctly.

COULD be a coincidence, but I don't think so.

Current Scores: EX 671 (FCR) TU08: 638 Wally (TU08).10/11//14 Last app 05/29/2014.
Being held hostage in the garden until 01 November 2014.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
pizzadude

I believe that Collections or Judgements resulting from child support would impact your score, but regular child support TLs are supposed to be ignored by FICO.

Frequent Contributor
jake619

How would they be reported?  I don't see the support recipient reporting that you paid your monthly support on time.  Who updates the bureaus?

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

pizzadude

jake619 wrote:

How would they be reported?  I don't see the support recipient reporting that you paid your monthly support on time.  Who updates the bureaus?

In situations where the state is involved they can report it.    For example if they garnish child support each month and pay it out, for example.   Not all states do this however.  YMMV.

Frequent Contributor
jake619

pizzadude wrote:

jake619 wrote:

In situations where the state is involved they can report it.    For example if they garnish child support each month and pay it out, for example.   Not all states do this however.  YMMV.

Ahhh.  Got it.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Established Contributor
bahbahd

[ Edited ]

In TX, if you owe more than $2500 in arrears (meaning, you have a child, it takes 6 months to 1 years to have a child support order arranged and they backdate to the day the child was born then assign a total arrears to your agreement) you will automatically have a judgment filed against you. The state of Texas office of attorney general's child support collection division will then report the arrears to your CR immediately beginning with late payment remarks. You can be paying your child support payment and extra to bring down your total arrears owed and still accrue 120+ days late remarks the entire time. The OAG CS enforcement people are not nice and do not care about non-custodial parents or children at all. 

Valued Contributor
tcbofade

bahbahd wrote:

In TX, if you owe more than $2500 in arrears (meaning, you have a child, it takes 6 months to 1 years to have a child support order arranged and they backdate to the day the child was born then assign a total arrears to your agreement) you will automatically have a judgment filed against you. The state of Texas office of attorney general's child support collection division will then report the arrears to your CR immediately beginning with late payment remarks. You can be paying your child support payment and extra to bring down your total arrears owed and still accrue 120+ days late remarks the entire time. The OAG CS enforcement people are not nice and do not care about non-custodial parents or children at all. 

If it makes you feel any better, they don't are about the custodial parent, either.

My EX and I are on relatively good terms, and I have to tell her when I send payment to the state of Arizona...because if she doesn't call them to "remind" them, they "have an accounting error" and hold the funds indefinitely...

Current Scores: EX 671 (FCR) TU08: 638 Wally (TU08).10/11//14 Last app 05/29/2014.
Being held hostage in the garden until 01 November 2014.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}