Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're killing me, Smalls!

tag
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

You're killing me, Smalls!

i just learned (by reading old threads) the TX Attorney General reports child support balances to CRAs.  And i still can't get the other party to pay their bill.  I know if I had this reporting I'd be paying it like clockwork.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: You're killing me, Smalls!

@basballguy wrote:

i just learned (by reading old threads) the TX Attorney General reports child support balances to CRAs.  And i still can't get the other party to pay their bill.  I know if I had this reporting I'd be paying it like clockwork.

Child Support Tradelines are not factored into your FICO score ~ so even if they're on your report it won't lower your FICO score.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@basballguy wrote:

Child Support Tradelines are not factored into your FICO score ~ so even if they're on your report it won't lower your FICO score.

Wanna bet?

My child support shows up on all three, and EQ cannot report it correctly...constantly reports with some 120 late, or CA, or CO....none of which are accurate.

My EQ is consistantly 40-50 points lower than my TU and EX which report my child support correctly.

COULD be a coincidence, but I don't think so.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I believe that Collections or Judgements resulting from child support would impact your score, but regular child support TLs are supposed to be ignored by FICO.

Message 4 of 9
jake619
Frequent Contributor

How would they be reported?  I don't see the support recipient reporting that you paid your monthly support on time.  Who updates the bureaus?

Message 5 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@jake619 wrote:

How would they be reported?  I don't see the support recipient reporting that you paid your monthly support on time.  Who updates the bureaus?

In situations where the state is involved they can report it.    For example if they garnish child support each month and pay it out, for example.   Not all states do this however.  YMMV.

Message 6 of 9
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

In situations where the state is involved they can report it.    For example if they garnish child support each month and pay it out, for example.   Not all states do this however.  YMMV.

Ahhh.  Got it.

Message 7 of 9
bahbahd
Established Contributor

In TX, if you owe more than $2500 in arrears (meaning, you have a child, it takes 6 months to 1 years to have a child support order arranged and they backdate to the day the child was born then assign a total arrears to your agreement) you will automatically have a judgment filed against you. The state of Texas office of attorney general's child support collection division will then report the arrears to your CR immediately beginning with late payment remarks. You can be paying your child support payment and extra to bring down your total arrears owed and still accrue 120+ days late remarks the entire time. The OAG CS enforcement people are not nice and do not care about non-custodial parents or children at all. 

Message 8 of 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

In TX, if you owe more than $2500 in arrears (meaning, you have a child, it takes 6 months to 1 years to have a child support order arranged and they backdate to the day the child was born then assign a total arrears to your agreement) you will automatically have a judgment filed against you. The state of Texas office of attorney general's child support collection division will then report the arrears to your CR immediately beginning with late payment remarks. You can be paying your child support payment and extra to bring down your total arrears owed and still accrue 120+ days late remarks the entire time. The OAG CS enforcement people are not nice and do not care about non-custodial parents or children at all. 

If it makes you feel any better, they don't are about the custodial parent, either.

My EX and I are on relatively good terms, and I have to tell her when I send payment to the state of Arizona...because if she doesn't call them to "remind" them, they "have an accounting error" and hold the funds indefinitely...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.