Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

Re: You think credit repair is frustrating, try adoption!

My wife and I adopted a sibling group of 3 about 6 1/2 years ago.  It was a long process but worth the time invested.  We began the process in Oregon about six months after we were married.  Because my job causes us to relocate periodically, we had to start all over 2 1/2 years later when we moved to Washington state.  We had a home study approved but because of the lack of workers in the state of Washington 3 years later when we relocated to Oklahoma we still did not have children placed in our home.  Once again we started the process all over.  The children we adopted were placed in our home 9 years first began in Oregon.  Our son died suddenly about 1 1/2 years ago.  According to doctors from complications from physical abuse of the birth father when he was about a year old.  We look at it this way, he only had ten years on this earth.  The first 5 were horrible.  We were able to give him 5 really good years and he became a believer.  Would we do it again?  Without a doubt.  Our family plans to add more children by adoption in the near future.  Our prayers are with you as you continue trying to provide a home for a child or children in need of a permanent home.
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: You think credit repair is frustrating, try adoption!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Our attempts to have another child has been quite tthe adventure thus far. We had no problems conceiving our daughter. Then after a couple years my wife finally became pregnant with our second but miscarried 12 weeks in. This year we tried fertility treatments to no avail. Aside from snatching a baby at the mall (JK), adoption is the next best route.

My wife is 25% Native American. All we have to do is pay for a home study before becoming eligible. All other fees are covered by her tribe! Pretty cool!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.