Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your AAOA

tag
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: Your AAOA

Well there's the one I calculated from my entire credit history and then there is Equifax's version which calculates only the current accounts and the closed ones from the past 6 years.  The difference is phenomenal - 10 years to be exact!  Equifax's is the one the my score is calculated on, mine is... well... just for my own reckoning.  Smiley Happy 

I did some checking on another website and the graphs that a user posted suggests that there is a diminishing boost to your score on the 1st, 2nd and 5th years of your AAoA and perhaps even a very slight boost at the 10th year.  [I can't post the website, graph or user because apparently that site has been banned from MyFico.]  If that is the case I should see a slight score bump (1-2 pts) when my AAofA from Equifax reaches the 5th year later in October.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 11 of 14
TeeGee
Contributor

You could be absolutely right, because I just got a score bump of 1 point to 675 - it would EXACTLY co-incide with the date of my original auto loan.

Amex $6K BankofAmer $2K CapPlatinum $2.5K Macys $1K Chase RR $16K CapQS $2.5K Discover $8.5K IN THE GARDEN til 6/1/2015
Beginning FICO 630 ish EQ 732/EXP 735/TU 753 (Aug) Goal 800
Message 12 of 14
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Let see.. my oldest account is from 1999 so that's 15 years.

Message 13 of 14
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Just to be clear -- it is when your AAoA hits the 1, 2, 5, 10, 15 year milestones that you MAY see a increase in your credit score -- not the age of a single debt or of your oldest debt.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.