Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your AAOA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your AAOA

Has someone before asked everyone their AAOA?  Mine is 6 years, 7 months.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Your AAOA

3 years, 4 months

Message 2 of 14
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

AAoA is 5yrs.

Message 3 of 14
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

AAoA is 8 yrs.

ETA - This is after a fairly major rebuild, with several TLs added in the last year. On TU, my oldest account was opened: 23 Years, 11 Months ago; on EQ, 17 Years, 4 Months ago.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 14
marty56
Super Contributor

11 years.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine keeps shrinking!!! Smiley Very Happy

It was 7 years, then 6, then 5, then 4.5... and now there's a big split between my AAOA and AAOOA, which is 5 and 2.5.   

I got a lot of closed accounts that are old, which is keeping it at 5, but I have added a lot of new recent accounts in the last 3 years.

I know FICO only cares about AAOA but some of the FAKOs and internal lender scoring also look at or only consider AAOOA (Average Age Of Open Accounts)

Message 6 of 14
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

According to myfico, my oldest account was opended 6 year, 10 months ago.....but my Average Age of Accouns is 2 years.

It's sad that that's one of the main reasons I can't get credit cuz it's not old enough...and I don't really know how to fix it.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 7 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@stoopidmunkee wrote:

According to myfico, my oldest account was opended 6 year, 10 months ago.....but my Average Age of Accouns is 2 years.

It's sad that that's one of the main reasons I can't get credit cuz it's not old enough...and I don't really know how to fix it.

One way (the slow way) is to not apply for any new credit and let all your accounts age. It's been 2 years since I've applied for any type of credit and almost 7 years since I got my last CC.

Another way is to be added as an AU but this will only help you IF the account is older than any of yours, IF the payment history is long and clean, IF the utilization is very low, and IF it will report to the CRA's. Not all cards will do this. You need to ask the company first. You will inherit the entire history of this account. One caveat however; if this account starts to go south your credit will be affected as well. Keep that in mind.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 14
TeeGee
Contributor

It appears it's less than 5 yrs, which is  a bummer because I purchased an auto new in 2005; and re-fied it in 2009, so instead of showing 8 years of AAoA; it shows account closed; and a new account opened.  I suppose lenders don't see that - that the account/loan has actually been opened for 8 years (same auto loan) - they only see a stat.

Amex $6K BankofAmer $2K CapPlatinum $2.5K Macys $1K Chase RR $16K CapQS $2.5K Discover $8.5K IN THE GARDEN til 6/1/2015
Beginning FICO 630 ish EQ 732/EXP 735/TU 753 (Aug) Goal 800
Message 9 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@TeeGee wrote:

It appears it's less than 5 yrs, which is  a bummer because I purchased an auto new in 2005; and re-fied it in 2009, so instead of showing 8 years of AAoA; it shows account closed; and a new account opened.  I suppose lenders don't see that - that the account/loan has actually been opened for 8 years (same auto loan) - they only see a stat.

Any OC account, open, closed, good or bad is factored into AAoA.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.