cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your credit Sesame Scores vs EQ Fico

tag
Ailee92

Your credit Sesame Scores vs EQ Fico

Just curious what your scores are running. I'm quite surprised since Credit Sesame (EX) is supposed to be the closest Fako to Fico scores. My Fico score on EQ 04 is 767 atm, and my Credit Sesame came in at a 820.....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Your credit Sesame Scores vs EQ Fico

Just making sure, but you do realize that your Credit Sesame score is based off of your EX report and not EQ correct?

Message 2 of 10
Ailee92

@Datx wrote:

Just making sure, but you do realize that your Credit Sesame score is based off of your EX report and not EQ correct?

well aware. Since I don't live in PA I don't have access to my EX Fico so CS is beleived to be the closest comparison. Still the numbers are quite amusing.

Message 3 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

I guess all 3 of your reports are identical? I was just trying to point out that the CS score is based off your EX report and you are comparing it to your EQ FICO. My FICO scores from TU, EX, and EQ are usually never the same. Throw in that CS is also a FAKO score and your comparing EX and EQ, the score can really be off. My PSECU FICO score and my CS score are normally within 10 points of each other. I think for a majority of users, the CS FAKO is close to your EX FICO. But of course they are some users that have scores from CS that are just way off.

Message 4 of 10
Ailee92

all sparkly clean besides my TU is missing a couple good accounts, but EQ and EX is identical.

Message 5 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

I don't have up to date scores, but these are my scores in mid feb to early march that I got from various sources. Almost everything in my CR stayed in the same during that time period, except for number of inquiries.

BMW Financial Services (Auto Enhanced EX FICO): 723

American Express (Not sure if it's enhanced score or normal. Person over the phone wouldn't tell me. Pulled EX FICO): 768

Equifax.com (FAKO): 760

Experian.com (FAKO): 730ish

Creditsesame (FAKO): 790

Creditkarma (FAKO): 740-746 cant remember exactly.

Discover (EQ FICO): 762

US BANK (EX FICO. Accumulated 4 more inquiries after Amex app.): 750

For my case, my EQ fico seems to run really closely to my EX Fico. Of course, the best way is to pull an EX fico report, which will be available soon.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 10
Ailee92

@enharu wrote:

the best way is to pull an EX fico report, which will be available soon.

whattttttttt?

Message 7 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Experian has come to terms that they decided to sell EX FICO scores to consumers once again.

The mods said "coming soon" but no exact date has been given yet.

Other resellers, not just myFICO, will be selling it too apparently.

This is one of the many articles available:

http://www.mint.com/blog/credit/fico-and-experian-to-make-fico-scores-available-to-consumers-again-0...

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Ailee92 wrote:

Just curious what your scores are running. I'm quite surprised since Credit Sesame (EX) is supposed to be the closest Fako to Fico scores. My Fico score on EQ 04 is 767 atm, and my Credit Sesame came in at a 820.....

I think once you get past 760, it really doesn't matter anymore 760 and 820 will both qualify for the best rates.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 9 of 10
aerosarcasm

My CS is 706. My Ex Fico is 727. USAA Fako is 720. So I think they are a little low, but I also think my util % is a little high (37% ish) where my most recent pulls show 31%. So it makes sense. My CR is pretty clean so not too many differeneces. (TU has one small student loan listed that isn't accurate, but seems to only be pulling me down ~2pts from the others so I will fight later)

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 727
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.