cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your opinions please... my GMAC TL (payment after charge-off)

tag
Augustlove

Your opinions please... my GMAC TL (payment after charge-off)

I paid on the account after charge-off in sep 04. When do you think this is "coming off." I've read the posts but I'm still unsure.
What is your opinion? How bad is this hurting my credit score right now? Why does'nt it report how many times I was late?

This is from my Transunion report:

Vehicle Loan Account Gmac
Status as of December 2000
Date opened Feb, 1996
Date of last activity Sep, 2004
Date closed Dec, 2000

Account type Automobile
Credit limit Not Reported
Largest past balance $11,945
Terms 60 Monthly
Credit Type Installment Account
Account holder Joint Account
Scheduled payment amount $199
Descriptions

Paid profit and loss

Payment after charge off/collection

Seven year payment history [?]

30 days late 0 times
60 days late 0 times
90+ days late 0 times
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Your opinions please... my GMAC TL (payment after charge-off)

Do you know the DOFD? You can call the CRA and get the DOFD so you can calculate an accurate date.

Did you bring the account current in 2004?

There is one exception if you did. The date which controls the seven year reporting interval is techically called DOFCD - date of first continuous delinquency after which the account was never again current while it was open and usable. 

Example:

First 30 day late was January 1999, then the acct was current for 4 yrs.The acct went delinquent again in Jan 2003 and was never current again.The date which matters is Jan 2003. The January 1999 late should have aged off from your credit report after January 2006. Even prior to when that (1/2006) aged off, it was no longer controlling the TL's seven years because the account had been paid up sufficiently to become current again after that point.

For a charged-off account, the window maximum is 180 days (which represents the time period up to the latest date by which it had to be charged off if still in default) plus seven years. However, in practice just a flat seven years is when the CRA's age it off; they don't normally hold out for that extra half year.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.