Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about 99/500 BOA CC help please

tag
serenity72
New Contributor

? about 99/500 BOA CC help please

did you have to get denied for an unsecured CC to get the 99/500 and if so did you go through a local branch to get this card? Or is this something that can be offered through mail? When I applied for the unsecured card it did not give me an option of 99/500 just flat out said I was denied and would be getting something saying I was denied through the mail. Thanks for the help.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
serenity72
New Contributor

Re: ? about 99/500 BOA CC help please

any1
Message 2 of 14
Boswd
Valued Contributor

When I got mine,  I applied for their regular unsecured Visa Platninum Plus card,  I was denied and then was offered the $99/$500 right then and there.  I am a BoA customer so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.    Also when I got my denial letter for the unsecured card it again offered the $99/$500 with the denial letter.

but to answer your first question , yes you have to be invited after you have been declined from another card.  It is not offered on it's website.

I would wait until the denial letter comes and if it's not offered with it,  I guess you can try a local branch.   but I would just wait for the letter.
Message 3 of 14
serenity72
New Contributor

ty unfortunatly i dont have a BOA in michigan
Message 4 of 14
Boswd
Valued Contributor

What are your scores?
Message 5 of 14
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

A few people are asking this.

The soft inq should give you the 99/500 card option if you do not qualify for other cards.

edit: this only gives the fully secured card option.  Apply and get denied for the Platinum Plus to get the 99/500 partially secured counter offer either instantly online, or in the mail.

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 10-26-2007 05:40 PM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 6 of 14
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I don't think it's offered through that either.   Unless someone has had a different experience.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

SmartCookie wrote:
A few people are asking this.

The soft inq should give you the 99/500 card option if you do not qualify for other cards.

Are you sure that's a "soft" inq?

Social Security Number
<SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript> </SCRIPT> close window
We ask for your Social Security number so that we can pull your credit bureau data, which in turn assists us in processing your request.
Message 8 of 14
Boswd
Valued Contributor

yeah it's a soft one.  It's the same one CC use when they send you out pre approved offers in the mail
Message 9 of 14
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Lori344 wrote:

Are you sure that's a "soft" inq?

Social Security Number
<SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript> </SCRIPT> close window
We ask for your Social Security number so that we can pull your credit bureau data, which in turn assists us in processing your request.

As per online rep Jaquena from BoA yes, it is a soft promo inq to see preapproval offers.  They still need your SSN for a soft pull... If you then fill out an application, it's a hard inq just like any other app.

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 10-26-2007 05:39 PM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.