New Contributor
serenity72

? about CR

looking over my credit report I have my name mispelled many ways as well as being listed as living at addresses my ex husband has lived at, which I never have. If I change these will it make any difference scorewise or anything else wise? If I have accounts with him that are in good standing before he moved to these adressess would it affect me taking them off? TY
Contributor
crocpa

Re: ? about CR

serenity72 wrote:
looking over my credit report I have my name mispelled many ways as well as being listed as living at addresses my ex husband has lived at, which I never have. If I change these will it make any difference scorewise or anything else wise? If I have accounts with him that are in good standing before he moved to these adressess would it affect me taking them off? TY

Changing/correcting your name/address won't have an impact on your score.  Are the accounts you have with him joint or AU accounts?
New Contributor
serenity72

[ Edited ]
Joint. Not sure what AU is. Some I believe are not mine though and only his. Im investigating this further as well.

Message Edited by serenity72 on 07-03-2007 08:10 PM
Contributor
crocpa

serenity72 wrote:
Joint. Not sure what AU is. Some I believe are not mine though and only his. Im investigating this further as well.

Message Edited by serenity72 on 07-03-2007 08:10 PM

AU = Authorized User.  If the accounts are joint, his bad or good behavior with the accounts will affect your report.  Due to the fact that you're divorced, I would close the accounts immediately.  When two people are joint on an account, they're both responsible for making payments.  If one were to charge up the account and not pay, both parties credit would suffer the consequences.
New Contributor
serenity72

These are closed accounts or hopsital accounts. No CCs or anything where someone could use them. What im question is some hospital bills that I dont think are mine. Plus I didnt know if I could get foreclosure off my record simply by denying I lived at the place of residence even though it was a joint account.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}