Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about DOFD

tag
a0034d
New Contributor

? about DOFD

Does DOFD only apply to accounts sent to an CA? For example if you have a loan on your CR that is paid in full but you had multiple late payments, will that account drop of 7 years from the first DOFD, 7 years from the last DOFD or 7 years from the closed date? I'm just a confused. I have a few accounts that have multiple lates but are now closed b/c I paid them off.

TIA

Message Edited by a0034d on 03-25-2008 09:22 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? about DOFD

Closed accounts: Closed accounts are accounts that are no longer available for further use. Closed accounts may or may not have a zero balance. Closed accounts with delinquencies remain seven years from the date they are reported closed, whether closed by the creditor or by the consumer. Positive closed accounts remain 10 years.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negative accounts- stay on 7 years from DOFD
Positive accounts- 10 years from closed

If you have a positive account with lates- the lates will be removed at 7 years-
Message 3 of 7
a0034d
New Contributor

Thanks yall. I still have one more querstion though. Would the accont still be considered a "good" account if it had multiple late payments but was current at the time it was paid off and closed? For example: we had some 30 day lates; 2 60 day lates; & one 90 day late on our mortgage dating back to 2006. We sold the house and paid off the mortgage in July of 2007. Would this account be considered good or bad? TIA
Message 4 of 7
hdporter
Regular Contributor

The account will be considered "negative" overall. However, having been restored to a current condition, that negative activity will have far less impact than an account that was closed, placed in collections and subsequently paid off.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those late pays have the most impact on your score for the first 2 years and with the affect on your scores decrease gradually as time progresses, as long as you stay current on all your accounts.
Message 6 of 7
a0034d
New Contributor

Thanks for the info!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.