Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about paid judgement....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

? about paid judgement....

I have a judgement from 3 years ago on my credit. It was from owed homeowners association fees. The house was in my wife's name only. We were seperated at the time. I have called the HOA, the attorney, and the city, and everyone denies putting it on my credit. Is there any way to get this taken off? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? about paid judgement....

dadto5 wrote:
I have a judgement from 3 years ago on my credit. It was from owed homeowners association fees. The house was in my wife's name only. We were seperated at the time. I have called the HOA, the attorney, and the city, and everyone denies putting it on my credit. Is there any way to get this taken off? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd say dispute with CRA as "not mine" and then if it comes back verified then send them a MOV.

But wait until someone else with more experience with judgments and getting them removed chimes in.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? about paid judgement....

Unfortunately, banks don't have to report judgments. The CRAs go looking for them. They have agents that dig through the judgment filings for cities and stick them on your report.

Were you named in the lawsuit? If not, I would dispute as not yours and follow up with Method of Validation if they validate. Then I would get a copy of whatever paperwork the county court has and enclose it with your dispute to the bureau and demand that they delete it CMRRR.

I am about to consult student legal services about a suit that was filed against me, but dismissed. All three bureaus were showing "judgment"s. Two of the bureaus deleted when I sent court paperwork proving it had been dismissed. The third one has refused to correct my report. I am not giving up.

I'm not an attorney, though, and judgments can be tricky areas. But this worked really well for me with TU and Experian. Hopefully one of the legalese experts will weigh in.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.