cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account closed but still reporting balance?

tag
xlaurenx

account closed but still reporting balance?

an old account that is listed on my CR as closed by credit grantor in 07/04 is showing on my CR as a balance that is increasing, and has been increasing monthly since then. it was an old account that defaulted and went to collections, but how does the continuing increase on a closed account happen? what can i do to dispute/stop it?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: account closed but still reporting balance?

xlaurenx wrote:
an old account that is listed on my CR as closed by credit grantor in 07/04 is showing on my CR as a balance that is increasing, and has been increasing monthly since then. it was an old account that defaulted and went to collections, but how does the continuing increase on a closed account happen? what can i do to dispute/stop it?

An OC can report up until 7 years from DOFD. When it shows an amount owed that is increasing usually means that they are adding int.and or fees.  When it shows Bal $0  watch for a sale to a CA.

They can assign it to a CA and still add amounts.
Message 2 of 3
xlaurenx

Re: account closed but still reporting balance?

@Anonymous wrote:

@xlaurenx wrote:

An OC can report up until 7 years from DOFD. When it shows an amount owed that is increasing usually means that they are adding int.and or fees.  When it shows Bal $0  watch for a sale to a CA.

They can assign it to a CA and still add amounts.

i have been contacted by a CA via US Mail recently, because I first attempted to contact the OC. I am sending a DV letter today via certified mail to the CA that contacted me. is there a way to get around the CA and clear it with the OC since the CA is not the one reporting to the bureaus??
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.