Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account closed by credit grantor?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

account closed by credit grantor?

Hello all I was wondering after I read my credit report that a "account closed by credit grantor" Account paid (no late payments) vs. a "account closed at the request of customer" Account paid (no late payments).

Out of these two which is better to have? Does the one with "account closed by credit grantor" look bad verses the "account closed at the request of customer"? Or should I just leave it alone? On both of the ones in question in my credit report I called and asked them to close the account (I was in the middle of a divorce). Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Re: account closed by credit grantor?

'Closed by customer' looks better on a manual review, because if it was closed by grantor (i.e. the CC Company) then the reviewer may assume you did something wrong.  From a scoring perspective, I don't think it makes any difference.
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

SanFranMatt wrote:
From a scoring perspective, I don't think it makes any difference.

It doesn't.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are so many people having their cards closed by the grantor due to inactivity or other unexplained reasons that it most likely won't make someone change their decision solely based on this during a manual review....
Message 4 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Boscoe wrote:
There are so many people having their cards closed by the grantor due to inactivity or other unexplained reasons that it most likely won't make someone change their decision solely based on this during a manual review....

maybe, maybe not
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.