New Visitor
pdxguy58

address problems getting credit

I've applied to two places recently for credit, one was Bill Me Later, can't remember the other one, and been denied by both for essentially the same reason. The reason given is that they cannot accept a PO Box as an address for a credit app. They say it has to be a real non-PO Box address. This is due to rules in the USA PATRIOT (what a joke name if there ever was one; more like the give up all our rights act instead. sorry I digress) Act. Further, they say the address given has to match what the CRA's have.

My issue is that that all my credit cards, credit lines, anything financial and then some, all has my PO box address. So, I'm in a conundrum: if I give the address I generally use - the PO Box address - it will match the CRA records, but fail due to this PATRIOT Act b.s. If I give a real street address, it would then pass the Patriot Act crap, but fail the CRA match. Aaarghh! Has anyone else run into this mess? Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}