Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice/opinions requested

tag
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

advice/opinions requested

Ok well I sent a gw letter to a creditor, it was a repo and the response letter I got back basically said that my account is reporting correctly and to please understand that accurate credit reporting is required by law.  Therefore they can't change payment history or status....( I wasn't asking them to change the history I wanted them to delete the tradeline) Then they tell me to call the customer service department if I wanted to discuss this matter further.

My question is...where do I go from here? Should I send another gw? Should I send a letter directly to the person who signed the letter explaining I didn't want him to report unaccurate information but that I wanted him to delete the account from the CRA's? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

On a brighter note..I did succeed in having two medical collections deleted only raised my score 4 points but HURRAY it's 4 more than I had!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: advice/opinions requested

Accurate and complete reporting is required by law, but there is no law that demands every account whether positive or adverse be reported to every CRA. Many OCs and CAs only report to 1 or 2 of the Big Three. Some OCs don't report anything positive at all and only report if you default. This is a crock behind which the credit industry likes to hide.

I would send a follow up letter. You might try the same person that responded. You might try Email, or PFB, or in some way altering your approach.

Message 2 of 5
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Thanks Noah, I did send a follow-up letter to the person that signed the letter asking him for a deletion. I haven't heard anything yet....so I will give it another week and send another one. So far being persistant has paid off...I've had 5 paid collections removed, one 30 day late pay changed and one PFD and all of them but the PFD took me more than one try. My score has jumped 25 points but I still have some majors derogs to try and sway. Again thanks for all the help.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

oogiemoo wrote:
Thanks Noah, I did send a follow-up letter to the person that signed the letter asking him for a deletion. I haven't heard anything yet....so I will give it another week and send another one. So far being persistant has paid off...I've had 5 paid collections removed, one 30 day late pay changed and one PFD and all of them but the PFD took me more than one try. My score has jumped 25 points but I still have some majors derogs to try and sway. Again thanks for all the help.

awesome!! good work on those PFD's!
Message 4 of 5
future
Frequent Contributor

congrats for you. can u share who some of those ca were....

oogiemoo wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.