Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

almost 800 FICO score

tag
e123
New Contributor

Re: almost 800 FICO score

Good advice. Thanks. I have learned from this forum that I will have to become more active with my credit to continue to move my scores up. As I have said my scores are stalled in the mid 600's. I have started looking into additional cards to help build my score. Right now I have Orchard card that I charge 20.00 on and then go on line and pay off. I Hate to say it but I am thinking about Cap1. They send me pre-approval offers every week.         
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

e123 wrote:
I Hate to say it but I am thinking about Cap1.

No shame in that. I have a $300 CL Cap 1. They've promised to bump me to a $500 CL in another month. I only keep 'em to game 'em. Once they bump me to $500, I'm going to max it with a BT (to the penny), then PIF the CC. Slip a tank of gas on the card a few days before statement close to hit ideal util.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

e123 wrote:
my scores are stalled in the mid 600's. I have started looking into additional cards to help

Is there a defaulted AMEX in your past, ever? Is there a BK in your past in the last 7 years?

If no and no, apply for AMEX Delta, Green and Hilton. Do it all the same day, and you're likely to only incur one INQ per CRA. Might only pull EX. Possibly will also pull TU.
Message 23 of 25
e123
New Contributor

Yes and Yes. BK  16 month's ago during a divorce. Cap1 sends me pre- approved 1000 - 5000 card offers. I feel lucky my scores are all mid 600's already. I hope to hit high 600's in the next six month's. I will just keep reading here and working the system.  
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:

e123 wrote:
I Hate to say it but I am thinking about Cap1.

No shame in that. I have a $300 CL Cap 1. They've promised to bump me to a $500 CL in another month. I only keep 'em to game 'em. Once they bump me to $500, I'm going to max it with a BT (to the penny), then PIF the CC. Slip a tank of gas on the card a few days before statement close to hit ideal util.

I have been stuck at $500 CL for Cap1 for over 5 years now. When i ask for a higher CL, they always say that they'll put in the request and send me a letter. Letter comes and it says that "After review of your account, we have concluded that you are not eligible for a CLI at this time."

I think in the past 5 years, I only must have tried for a CLI no more than 3 times.

Oh well, I have few new credit cards now with much much better CLs.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.