Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex and bk

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex and bk

i have been discharged from a chapter 7 bk for 2 yrs, i was wondering which cra amex uses for east coast and if they will deny me on the basis of the bk any way?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex and bk

recently we have seem AMEX pull from EX and they have been rejecting BK's
Message 2 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't try on a 2yr old BK.
Message 3 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Fugetaboudit.
Message 4 of 10
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

agreed...from experience,....forget amex with a BK
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 5 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Forget Chase and BOA as well. Save your inquiries. Only "prime" lender I got was Citi. Only managed a 3K line but I guess its a foot in the door. Problem is where do I go from here with a card like that? Maybe in 5 years I can get it jacked up to 15K if I am lucky? I have a 7 year old BK7 with an absolutely perfect payment history for 7 years. Scores all 700+. Best bets to get nice credit lines at respectable APR's would be the credit unions. Navy Federal is the biggest in the world. If you qualify jump on it. Pentagon Federal is also good third largest but their lending practices are not as liberal as Navy. There are other fine CU's. Go after those if you want to see nice CL's.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied last week and denied, they pulled EX. BK7 7 years ago, scores are around 700, only reason denied is BK, clean reports since then.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told CCCU is a good one and I thing they only pull EX. I have not applied yet but its next on my list.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

msredd3129 wrote:
i have been discharged from a chapter 7 bk for 2 yrs, i was wondering which cra amex uses for east coast and if they will deny me on the basis of the bk any way?

Did you BK an AMEX card? If so, by paying the amount owed you can get back into AMEX good graces with an Optima card.
Message 9 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you BK an AMEX card? If so, by paying the amount owed you can get back into AMEX good graces with an Optima card.

I went to DMV today to have a lienholder removed from my car title and they didn't take AMEX. They lost a few inches off their fastball as far as I'm concerned. Not worth it.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.