Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex-ism

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

amex-ism

i was lucky enough to have a greenie from 1990 resurrected.  upon reviewing my cr, i just noticed that in addition to amending the account opened dates on my current amexes to the older date, they added the old greenie acct. showing 'current' and 'closed by grantor' w/ a balance of 266 on ex and eq (but for some reason they did not add the account to tu).

not sure if i should do anything about this because i like the age but i don't like the wrong balance info (my balance is zero since i paid prior to resurrecting) incorrectly showing that i owe 266 and could live without the 'closed by grantor' notation.  do i dispute as incorrect balance or leave it alone?  i can't figure out if it is doing more harm than good being reported.  nor do i want to antagonize amex since it is now my oldest account.

to any other members who have resurrected old amexes:  did they add the old account showing a balance?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Re: amex-ism

Yes, I've had the good fortune to have an old Amex resurrected (zero balance) and after reading your post, I just went to check mine and you're right.  They're only reporting that to one CRA, so I have the additional age for the one, but not the others. Hmmm.... very good question.

I personally think you should call them if the balance is being reported incorrectly.

But now I worry about calling them to fix this on my other 2 CRAs. 

Message 2 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

when my new amex accounts weren't reporting the old greenie date to ex (just eq and tu) i just called the amex credit reporting number and they updated the ex report w/o any problems or (detectable) unforseen backlash.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Moved to General Credit Issues at OP's request.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.