Did you mean: 

amex should i apply

tag
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Re: amex should i apply

princeromeo wrote:
i have 7 inquries is that too much?

Smiley Happy  Good heavens!  If they were counting inquiries, I never would have been approved!
Message 11 of 46
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

princeromeo wrote:
i have recently opened new accounts hich might hurt me but they all have no balances the only big balance i hve is a credit union card its got a 15k limit and my balance is 11,800 other then that my chase credit card should update anyday i paid them all off  the new account are macys kay jeweleres  and a personal credit line from the union  so maybe i should wait and apply in 6 months right i mean on may 30 when i applied my score was 594 it has gotten a lot better ive always wanted a amex card but really dont wanna get denied again

The 11,800's a bit high.  Maybe it would be best to pay that down a bit?
Message 12 of 46
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

how many inq did you have?
Message 13 of 46
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@princeromeo wrote:
the blue is better isnt it

i think 671 is good enough to get a blue. they check TU though. my credit score when i got my blue was 681 for TU. i too have always wanted amex.... but now that I have it, i don't know what the big fuss was about. lol... it's the same as any other cards I have... just prettier plastic.

Prettier plastic that ISN'T everywhere you want to be, huh? 
Message 14 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MercyMe wrote:

@princeromeo wrote:
i have recently opened new accounts hich might hurt me but they all have no balances the only big balance i hve is a credit union card its got a 15k limit and my balance is 11,800 other then that my chase credit card should update anyday i paid them all off the new account are macys kay jeweleres and a personal credit line from the union so maybe i should wait and apply in 6 months right i mean on may 30 when i applied my score was 594 it has gotten a lot better ive always wanted a amex card but really dont wanna get denied again

The 11,800's a bit high. Maybe it would be best to pay that down a bit?

Nah, i have a $15k credit line and used up $14k of it, and still got approved for a blue. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 46
fused
Moderator Emeritus

princeromeo wrote:
i have recently opened new accounts hich might hurt me but they all have no balances the only big balance i hve is a credit union card its got a 15k limit and my balance is 11,800 other then that my chase credit card should update anyday i paid them all off  the new account are macys kay jeweleres  and a personal credit line from the union  so maybe i should wait and apply in 6 months right i mean on may 30 when i applied my score was 594 it has gotten a lot better ive always wanted a amex card but really dont wanna get denied again

Other than BKs, Amex hates to see high util even if it's on just one card. Your credit union card has 79% util and you have a lot of new inqs. IMO, I would not apply!
Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MercyMe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@princeromeo wrote:
the blue is better isnt it

i think 671 is good enough to get a blue. they check TU though. my credit score when i got my blue was 681 for TU. i too have always wanted amex.... but now that I have it, i don't know what the big fuss was about. lol... it's the same as any other cards I have... just prettier plastic.

Prettier plastic that ISN'T everywhere you want to be, huh?

This is true...
Message 17 of 46
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

i guess ill wait i mean i pay everything i just wanted to earn bussiness with amex thats all i was told the delta is easy to get
Message 18 of 46
fused
Moderator Emeritus

princeromeo wrote:
i guess ill wait i mean i pay everything i just wanted to earn bussiness with amex thats all i was told the delta is easy to get

the delta is easy to get if you do not have a lot of inqs and a large revolving balance. if you applied today I would say your chances for approval are 50/50.
Message 19 of 46
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

Smiley Sad
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.