Frequent Contributor
MercyMe

Re: amex should i apply

princeromeo wrote:
i have 7 inquries is that too much?

:smileyhappy:  Good heavens!  If they were counting inquiries, I never would have been approved!
Frequent Contributor
MercyMe

princeromeo wrote:
i have recently opened new accounts hich might hurt me but they all have no balances the only big balance i hve is a credit union card its got a 15k limit and my balance is 11,800 other then that my chase credit card should update anyday i paid them all off  the new account are macys kay jeweleres  and a personal credit line from the union  so maybe i should wait and apply in 6 months right i mean on may 30 when i applied my score was 594 it has gotten a lot better ive always wanted a amex card but really dont wanna get denied again

The 11,800's a bit high.  Maybe it would be best to pay that down a bit?
Regular Contributor
princeromeo

how many inq did you have?
Frequent Contributor
MercyMe

jizoe182 wrote:

princeromeo wrote:
the blue is better isnt it

i think 671 is good enough to get a blue. they check TU though. my credit score when i got my blue was 681 for TU. i too have always wanted amex.... but now that I have it, i don't know what the big fuss was about. lol... it's the same as any other cards I have... just prettier plastic.

Prettier plastic that ISN'T everywhere you want to be, huh? 
Frequent Contributor

MercyMe wrote:

princeromeo wrote:
i have recently opened new accounts hich might hurt me but they all have no balances the only big balance i hve is a credit union card its got a 15k limit and my balance is 11,800 other then that my chase credit card should update anyday i paid them all off the new account are macys kay jeweleres and a personal credit line from the union so maybe i should wait and apply in 6 months right i mean on may 30 when i applied my score was 594 it has gotten a lot better ive always wanted a amex card but really dont wanna get denied again

The 11,800's a bit high. Maybe it would be best to pay that down a bit?

Nah, i have a $15k credit line and used up $14k of it, and still got approved for a blue. :smileyhappy:
Moderator Emeritus
fused

princeromeo wrote:
i have recently opened new accounts hich might hurt me but they all have no balances the only big balance i hve is a credit union card its got a 15k limit and my balance is 11,800 other then that my chase credit card should update anyday i paid them all off  the new account are macys kay jeweleres  and a personal credit line from the union  so maybe i should wait and apply in 6 months right i mean on may 30 when i applied my score was 594 it has gotten a lot better ive always wanted a amex card but really dont wanna get denied again

Other than BKs, Amex hates to see high util even if it's on just one card. Your credit union card has 79% util and you have a lot of new inqs. IMO, I would not apply!
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Frequent Contributor

MercyMe wrote:

jizoe182 wrote:

princeromeo wrote:
the blue is better isnt it

i think 671 is good enough to get a blue. they check TU though. my credit score when i got my blue was 681 for TU. i too have always wanted amex.... but now that I have it, i don't know what the big fuss was about. lol... it's the same as any other cards I have... just prettier plastic.

Prettier plastic that ISN'T everywhere you want to be, huh?

This is true...
Regular Contributor
princeromeo

i guess ill wait i mean i pay everything i just wanted to earn bussiness with amex thats all i was told the delta is easy to get
Moderator Emeritus
fused

princeromeo wrote:
i guess ill wait i mean i pay everything i just wanted to earn bussiness with amex thats all i was told the delta is easy to get

the delta is easy to get if you do not have a lot of inqs and a large revolving balance. if you applied today I would say your chances for approval are 50/50.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Regular Contributor
princeromeo

:smileysad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+