Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex website issue...f/r??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex website issue...f/r??

for the past few days on my online amex account under "credit management" heading, and "check your spending ability" subheading it says "charges will not be approved" for both my delta and my hilton....i called and spoke to cust svc, account services, and new accounts and they say everything is fine.  i even charged a dollar on each to my paypal account and everything was fine.  this crap is driving me crazy, in that i am afraid that a financial review is on the horizon b/c i added my wife's income in the "update your credit profile" section.  could someone check their online acct and see if anything looks funny?

UPDATE: called in again and the rep said that he had spoken to a couple other people in the past few days and having same problem.  they ran my cards through the system where they fake like a 100 dollar charge is being made and they were both approved.  i guess my problem is solved.....i hope. 

Message Edited by dog on 06-25-2007 08:42 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex website issue...f/r??

Just checked both of mine and they're fine.
Message 2 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

dog wrote:
for the past few days on my online amex account under "credit management" heading, and "check your spending ability" subheading it says "charges will not be approved" for both my delta and my hilton....i called and spoke to cust svc, account services, and new accounts and they say everything is fine.  i even charged a dollar on each to my paypal account and everything was fine.  this crap is driving me crazy, in that i am afraid that a financial review is on the horizon b/c i added my wife's income in the "update your credit profile" section.  could someone check their online acct and see if anything looks funny?

UPDATE: called in again and the rep said that he had spoken to a couple other people in the past few days and having same problem.  they ran my cards through the system where they fake like a 100 dollar charge is being made and they were both approved.  i guess my problem is solved.....i hope. 

Message Edited by dog on 06-25-2007 08:42 PM

I believe Amex asks household income and not just your income.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, fused, my dumbass put in only my income when i applied, so i added my wife's on the website where it allows you to do that (in hopes of a cli in a few months).  the guy that i just talked to said nothing was funky on my account, and he spent a good amount of time trying to see if anything was wrong.  i guess i should go try to buy a big flat screen tv or something to see if it works.  haha.
Message 4 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

dog wrote:
yeah, fused, my dumbass put in only my income when i applied, so i added my wife's on the website where it allows you to do that (in hopes of a cli in a few months).  the guy that i just talked to said nothing was funky on my account, and he spent a good amount of time trying to see if anything was wrong.  i guess i should go try to buy a big flat screen tv or something to see if it works.  haha.

The fact that you understated your income should not be an issue.  Amex does want to give some clown a 30K CL only to find out they make 20k annually when they stated 100k.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was afraid they would think i was just adding income to try a trick like that.  fortunately, i can easily prove that my/her income is what i said it was.  and if they try to get frisky, i didnt even include what i make at my side job.
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Just be sure you can backup and prove what you list as income. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.