Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annualcreditreport.com is a royal pain

tag
mrgoattoo
New Contributor

annualcreditreport.com is a royal pain

Every year i try to get my free reports and every year they pull the same crap...asking some question that has nothing to do with my report and I cant possibly *reasonably* answer.

This years questions...

1 What type of hunting license did you have.........?

2. which of these phone numbers have you EVER used?

3. what year is your honda civic?

1...uh...what the **** does a hunting license have to do with my CREDIT report again??? Ive had a lot of hunting licenses and I cant remeber what type each of them were for god sake.

2. EVER? Seriously? I cant remember my CURRENT phone number to save my life and you expect  me to remember EVERY phone number for the last 32 years(since I turned 18, I assume)???

3. I DONT OWN a honda civic. my wife DID when we got married but it was never in my name...so does that count or not?

**** *** *** , man...what happened to asking CREDIT related questions that I CAN  answer instead of this crap I probably wont be able to answer correctly.

Who do I complain to about this?

Im thinking the Federal Trade Commission ?

sorry for the rant but this is getting to be a pain

TU FICO average 819
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mrgoattoo
New Contributor

Re: annualcreditreport.com is a royal pain

Hilarious.

So I try to get a different  report....

==========

4. Which of the following represents the last four digits of a phone number that is associated with you?

NONE OF THE ABOVE/DOES NOT APPLY
 ==========
luckily I recognized the number from probably 20 flippin years ago.
Are they kidding with this crap?
WHO keeps this kind of information just laying around?
TU FICO average 819
Message 2 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This year I was only able to view EQ and EX online... for some reason, TU didn't like my answers to the questions.

After trying and failing twice, I simply printed the paper form and sent it via snail-mail.  A week or so later they mailed me a copy of the TU report.  If I had known it was that easy I would have probably just done that to begin with, since I wasn't in a great hurry anyway.

This is the form I used:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/manualRequestForm.action

Message 3 of 7
mrgoattoo
New Contributor

thanks for the link. I'll just start doing it that way and save the headache.

We did the wifes and sure enough...not one single odd or unreasonably messed up question. every year it seems to screw with me but her questions are always what we'd expect instead of the nutty ones I end up with

TU FICO average 819
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@mrgoattoo wrote:

thanks for the link. I'll just start doing it that way and save the headache.

We did the wifes and sure enough...not one single odd or unreasonably messed up question. every year it seems to screw with me but her questions are always what we'd expect instead of the nutty ones I end up with

It's not a terrible idea to get old addresses / phone numbers / other extraneous information off one's credit report.

I don't know where they got the hunting licenses question though, which bureau asked you that?  Usually at least in my experience the questions are straight off the data in the report and that's easily knowable with saved reports in my case if I don't know the data offhand.  I do get some wierd things like Digital FCU reported as FUCT or something like that Smiley Happy

        
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not a terrible idea to get old addresses / phone numbers / other extraneous information off one's credit report.

I don't mean to hop in the middle of this thread...although it's probably one of the best I've read so far...

But how does one go about getting past addresses and numbers off their reports?  When I look at the reports online, it says you have to dispute them and unfortunately, all umpteen million of them were mine at some point.  Can you just call and ask?  What would be my reasoning?

Thanks SO much!

Message 6 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

that site used to work for me. but the last few years I have tried to pull a report from any of the 3 CRA's. it wants me to print out the form and send it in. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.