Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another ? about credit inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

another ? about credit inquiry

I had an inquiry on my Experian report from a place called RELS. I sent a letter to them for non permissible purposes and they contaced me back stating that they are a credit reporting agency and their client requested my report from them. They stated that in order to pull my report the client represented to them that they had permission from me. They stated that their client was Wells Fargo Mortgage. I have not ever requested anything at all from Wells Fargo. Can mortgage companies just pull reports on people whenever they feel like it? They are not even my mortgage company. What should I do know. Send a letter to them?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: another ? about credit inquiry

Violation- ask for $1000

@Anonymous wrote:
I had an inquiry on my Experian report from a place called RELS. I sent a letter to them for non permissible purposes and they contaced me back stating that they are a credit reporting agency and their client requested my report from them. They stated that in order to pull my report the client represented to them that they had permission from me. They stated that their client was Wells Fargo Mortgage. I have not ever requested anything at all from Wells Fargo. Can mortgage companies just pull reports on people whenever they feel like it? They are not even my mortgage company. What should I do know. Send a letter to them?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, mortgage reporting companies can not pull my credit report without my permission. Is that correct? I just don't want to send letters if they are allowed to do that. Just making sure. thanks everyone!
Message 3 of 4
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Right, they can't.  Just make sure you were not re-fi hunting with a service that checks multiple companies.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.