cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody ever see a fico score below 400?

tag
Weights
Regular Contributor

anybody ever see a fico score below 400?

I've been told by some in the business that they've seen pages of baddies, and yet, a lot of them still remain above 500...so I"m wondering, what would one have to do to go this low, and do you know someone who has? It seems as if you'd have to really try hard and some in b/t to hit rock bottom on every single category

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: anybody ever see a fico score below 400?

I've seen people in the 400s...Don't think I've ever seen anyone under 400.

Message 2 of 7
susserman

Yes, I sell cars and I saw a handfull in the 300s...one was in the 330s

Message 3 of 7
lithium78
Established Contributor

I once had scores in the 350s.  That was from when I had a very long illness and defaulted on absolutely everything.  Those were very dark days.  I almost lost a job opportunity because of it (at a credit union!), but luckily my education trumped my credit score.  I'm so glad that those times are far, far behind me.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

I once had scores in the 350s.  That was from when I had a very long illness and defaulted on absolutely everything.  Those were very dark days.  I almost lost a job opportunity because of it (at a credit union!), but luckily my education trumped my credit score.  I'm so glad that those times are far, far behind me.

Great story Lithium. Thanks for sharing. I know it will be an inspiration to many!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 5 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@lithium78 wrote:

Good for you!!!   Hope you're better now.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 7
Weights
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear about your past troubles, but am glad to hear your much better off now! While I'm pretty sure that I never got below 400, I had terrible credit for quite a while as well, so I know how you feel in being relieved to be past that now. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.