Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone else feel this way?

tag
granny031350
Established Contributor

anyone else feel this way?

Since being on this site, I have become paranoid about collection accounts "popping" up on my credit report.  I read about this happening to people all the time on this site.  I am so paranoid I called Dish just to be sure I didn't owe them a cent.  In fact, I have a 36.05 refund that I could request but won't just in case.  Smiley Happy  Talk about paranoid.  LOLOLOLOL  I owe no one right now but still.. . it is scary

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Dawn
Established Contributor

Re: anyone else feel this way?

I experience the same thing.  I have gone back through old records on old accounts and if I don't have a final statement showing a zero balance, I'm scrambling. 

I also annoy my kids with the horror stories and try to convince them of the importance of keeping meticulous records now, in order to cover their behinds years down the road.   Some of them still don't get it though.  Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I suspect we all have skeletons in our closets. But, really, it does no good to constantly worry about something popping up. 

Enjoy life - deal with things as they happen.

I know - easier said than done.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

What is a "collection Account"?

Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as worrying about collections, not much you can do until they pop up or contact you. Mistakes by lenders happen, just handle them as they come in. Hope they contact you by mail before they post on your CR. Take action to settle before they post on CRs, and you can't live life with what if, if you have no control over it.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 02-15-2008 12:59 PM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah - and I don't owe anyone - fearing some mistaken identity thing or an unscruplous CA just trying to collect.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

granny, I think most if not all of us, who once had awful credit, and are now on the road to recovery, or indeed, in very good credit health right now, share your exact same feelings. I know I do.....every day.

I'm hoping the feelings of paranoia will fade over time....like stretch marks! LOL!

Credit repair or rebuilding teaches us acute awareness of our credit health. It's a normal feeling to have, and a good emotion to have too! It'll help in the future to avoid the pitfalls that happened to us in the past.

We have learned from history, and we will not repeat it! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.