Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone use Credit Karma?

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

anyone use Credit Karma?

Im getting mixed reviews with CK, and my scores they have I kno are fake!! Anyone like that site?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: anyone use Credit Karma?

I like it for being able to see the info on my reports updated weekly but the score they show is garbage so I pay no attention to that all. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its good to see what is in your EQ and TU report, but like everyone else, I pay no attention to scores.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its ok if you are not ready to pay for scores and reports. The scores are going to be all over the place, so you can't reference them to anything useful, but you can see whats on your reports, updated weekly.

If you are already paying for scores and reports on a monthly basis (like credit check total or something similar), its not really much use.

Message 4 of 12
crrredit
Established Contributor

They are Vantage Scores at least, not the worst of the FAKOs. CK is a great way to get a free look at two of your reports. And they update each week. That's probably the best thing about it.

Message 5 of 12
Stylez
Valued Member

I like CK. It updates weekly, you both TU and Equifax credit reports, and the scores give you a good indication of your recent credit health.

Message 6 of 12
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

CK functions best as a resource for those just getting their feet wet in the credit game. They offer lots of info on various related topics that would likely be helpful to anyone looking to gain insight n2 how credit functions in an overall sense. Its by-n-large pretty standard stuff however - the kind that could easily be found elsewhere. That said, they do serve a purpose in that regard so can be seen as having value. The biggest advantage to joining is whats been previously mentioned. A full look @ your TU & EQ reports. Even still an argument could be made as to the accuracy of the combined info contained within said reports - as erroneous info has crept in occasionally (then again nothing's perfect and of course we are talking FREE access so....) but I think overall the reports are accurate enuff to be acceptable. That said I would not use CK as a sole/primary resource rather in conjunction with others to gain a more balanced view/understanding of your credit profile. Essentially if U understand what they excel at and know where their deficiencies lie U can make them work for U. Also as mentioned: anything re: cc approval odds or scores should be summarily dismissed. Treat them as U would anything else.... take advantage of the things that may benefit U and dont overly concern yourself with the rest.
Message 7 of 12
daniki
New Contributor

I think CK is great other than the FAKO scores. 2 reports updated weekly and I've never had inaccurate information. It's spot on and there's lots of features. Doesn't hurt at all to use it. It's a great tool for tracking your credit.

Message 8 of 12
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@damnedanddetermined wrote:

Im getting mixed reviews with CK, and my scores they have I kno are fake!! Anyone like that site?

If you want free weekly credit reports from TU and EQ, then yes, use CK.  If you are looking for FICO scores, then look elsewhere but CK reports are convenient to have nonetheless.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love CK, not only because of the two free weekly full reports, but because they have the best monitoring service I've had, and it's free!

I've been alerted about inquiries days before the myFico 3B monitoring emails me about them. If I am ever a victim of fraud, it will be nice to know that I will get a heads up right away instead of the slow alerts from this paid website.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.