Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auth user vs. joint acct

tag
zaqxsw
Established Member

auth user vs. joint acct

i am aware of the au crackdown coming up but i was told that as long as u r added as a Joint user and not a auth user then u will still get the credit in your scores---equal liability but equal value in boosting your score ---is this correct or am i way off???   ---ty in advance sup contributors
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: auth user vs. joint acct

Your correct!
Message 2 of 4
zaqxsw
Established Member

so if a friend puts me on his card as a joint user   then they pull my credit score --then decide if my score is high enough to warrant a card for me ----then that is when i get it or is it automatically given because the primary cardholder has requested that-----if so then y dont the au people switch to this----still confused? ty again
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

zaqxsw wrote:
i am aware of the au crackdown coming up but i was told that as long as u r added as a Joint user and not a auth user then u will still get the credit in your scores---equal liability but equal value in boosting your score ---is this correct or am i way off???   ---ty in advance sup contributors

Becoming a joint on an account entails the same process as applying for new credit; filling out an app and then comes the hard inqs.  Its not as simple as the primary adding an AU where there is no credit application process.  My wife and I am currently doing this with Chase. I will first be added as an AU, then my wife and I need to fill out paperwork (the app) and return it to Chase. Once they receive it, they will pull my credit and if approved change my AU status to joint.

I believe I will get the entire TL history to report on my CRs but I'm not 100% certain on this. I will update this forum when I know.  In your case if its the same CC and you are changing from AU to joint, I have to think you will benefit and not see a drop in your scores.  But you never know with
FICO.Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.