Established Member
zaqxsw

auth user vs. joint acct

i am aware of the au crackdown coming up but i was told that as long as u r added as a Joint user and not a auth user then u will still get the credit in your scores---equal liability but equal value in boosting your score ---is this correct or am i way off???   ---ty in advance sup contributors
Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

Re: auth user vs. joint acct

Your correct!
Established Member
zaqxsw

so if a friend puts me on his card as a joint user   then they pull my credit score --then decide if my score is high enough to warrant a card for me ----then that is when i get it or is it automatically given because the primary cardholder has requested that-----if so then y dont the au people switch to this----still confused? ty again
Moderator Emeritus
fused

zaqxsw wrote:
i am aware of the au crackdown coming up but i was told that as long as u r added as a Joint user and not a auth user then u will still get the credit in your scores---equal liability but equal value in boosting your score ---is this correct or am i way off???   ---ty in advance sup contributors

Becoming a joint on an account entails the same process as applying for new credit; filling out an app and then comes the hard inqs.  Its not as simple as the primary adding an AU where there is no credit application process.  My wife and I am currently doing this with Chase. I will first be added as an AU, then my wife and I need to fill out paperwork (the app) and return it to Chase. Once they receive it, they will pull my credit and if approved change my AU status to joint.

I believe I will get the entire TL history to report on my CRs but I'm not 100% certain on this. I will update this forum when I know.  In your case if its the same CC and you are changing from AU to joint, I have to think you will benefit and not see a drop in your scores.  But you never know with
FICO.:smileytongue:
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-22-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 815
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+