Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

authorized user

i tried looking for more substantive answers but i couldn't really find any reliable sources. i am curious about the FICO 08 answers

1. does adding an authorized user result in the authorized user getting a credit pull? if so, soft pull or hard pull (or does it vary across CRAs and/or the lender)?

2. does adding an authorized user result in the main cardholder getting a credit pull? if so, soft pull or hard pull (or does it vary across CRAs and/or the lender)?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: authorized user

@Anonymous wrote:

i tried looking for more substantive answers but i couldn't really find any reliable sources. i am curious about the FICO 08 answers

1. does adding an authorized user result in the authorized user getting a credit pull? if so, soft pull or hard pull (or does it vary across CRAs and/or the lender)?

2. does adding an authorized user result in the main cardholder getting a credit pull? if so, soft pull or hard pull (or does it vary across CRAs and/or the lender)?

FICO08 is a separate issue to #1 and #2. Per FICO 08, AUs are included. For #1 and #2, neither the AU nor the acct owner's credit will be hard pulled when adding an AU. I'm not sure about soft. I suppose they have to have to way of verifying address info or name info to link both together (since they usually don't ask for a SSN).

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: authorized user

thanks.

i did a little more reading on AUs, spouse AUs, genuine AUs, etc. The publicized rules vary so much, and the unpublicized rules (e.g. how a genuine AU is determined) that it doesnt even make it worthwhile to determine the answers. My credit is great, and so it the AU's. I just wanted to corroborate what i suspected.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.