Established Member
dannydannyFICO

authorized user

i tried looking for more substantive answers but i couldn't really find any reliable sources. i am curious about the FICO 08 answers

1. does adding an authorized user result in the authorized user getting a credit pull? if so, soft pull or hard pull (or does it vary across CRAs and/or the lender)?

2. does adding an authorized user result in the main cardholder getting a credit pull? if so, soft pull or hard pull (or does it vary across CRAs and/or the lender)?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: authorized user

dannydannyFICO wrote:

i tried looking for more substantive answers but i couldn't really find any reliable sources. i am curious about the FICO 08 answers

1. does adding an authorized user result in the authorized user getting a credit pull? if so, soft pull or hard pull (or does it vary across CRAs and/or the lender)?

2. does adding an authorized user result in the main cardholder getting a credit pull? if so, soft pull or hard pull (or does it vary across CRAs and/or the lender)?

FICO08 is a separate issue to #1 and #2. Per FICO 08, AUs are included. For #1 and #2, neither the AU nor the acct owner's credit will be hard pulled when adding an AU. I'm not sure about soft. I suppose they have to have to way of verifying address info or name info to link both together (since they usually don't ask for a SSN).

Established Member
dannydannyFICO

Re: authorized user

thanks.

i did a little more reading on AUs, spouse AUs, genuine AUs, etc. The publicized rules vary so much, and the unpublicized rules (e.g. how a genuine AU is determined) that it doesnt even make it worthwhile to determine the answers. My credit is great, and so it the AU's. I just wanted to corroborate what i suspected.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+