Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorized users - husband and wife

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

authorized users - husband and wife

My husband has 2 credit cards thru CapOne.  I have 3 with CapOne, 1 with Citibank and 1 with FirstPremier.  The utilization% on these (total) is around 20%.  All of the accounts have been open for 3+years.  Would it likely benefit us, score wise, to make each other authorized users on each others accounts?  They are all never 30 days past due.

Any opinions?

Thanks
TJones
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only one of those that probably reports AUs is CiTi....

8ballchump wrote:
My husband has 2 credit cards thru CapOne.  I have 3 with CapOne, 1 with Citibank and 1 with FirstPremier.  The utilization% on these (total) is around 20%.  All of the accounts have been open for 3+years.  Would it likely benefit us, score wise, to make each other authorized users on each others accounts?  They are all never 30 days past due.

Any opinions?

Thanks
TJones

The only one of those that probably reports AUs is CiTi.  The capOne won't report the limits for some time. Have you gotten othr offers?   You can be an AU on each others account but if they all were opened at the same time it may not help a whole lot the thing about AU is to showing more avail credit or a longer account histry.  I wouldn't waste my time.  It will just look like you both opened a bunch of ards in a short period of time scorewise.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.