Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto financing..stressing out

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

auto financing..stressing out

have a 687 fico....i've had a previous loan through GMAC(It was a higher interst rate) It was paid off about 3 years ago( No late or missed payments). I have a few chargeoffs on my report  from cc's, btu were settled. Will i be able to get a loan with good interest rates or am i screwed.......My current debt ratio is about 5 percent....how many points will my report drop for a credit app? any help would be greatly appreciated...Is going back through GMAC a good choice sine i do have a favorable history with them?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: auto financing..stressing out

have a 687 fico....i've had a previous loan through GMAC(It was a higher interst rate) It was paid off about 3 years ago( No late or missed payments). I have a few chargeoffs on my report  from cc's, btu were settled. Will i be able to get a loan with good interest rates or am i screwed.......My current debt ratio is about 5 percent....how many points will my report drop for a credit app? any help would be greatly appreciated...Is going back through GMAC a good choice sine i do have a favorable history with them?

Which CR is your score through?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion and experian both, eqiufax is 681.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

GMAC will love to have you back-

I would not stress it a bit-
Message 4 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I would check out Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Equifax pull. Call and ask.
Message 5 of 8
John060675
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I was actually just looking at PenFed's loans.  They are offering a 5.23% new car loan.  Best rate I have seen so far.  Not sure what scores are needed though.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

GMAC is still doing 0% financing and letting you keep the rebates.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think thats out of reach with my score....i would be happy with under 10%.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.