cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad credit and nothing i can do about it!! anyone else feel like this???

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

bad credit and nothing i can do about it!! anyone else feel like this???

i thought i had everything figured out almost, but now, i'm just..... wow.  well, i've dv, pfd, and paid everything on my credit report.  everything that is left are recent student loan lates (i was pissed, considering how hard i'd been working on my credit, to see that pop up when all my loans were in defferrment, but, you can't cry over spilled milk, i've consolidated my student loans and made sure they were defferred now).

anyways, there is nothing left to repair so far,...... knocking on wood nothing else comes out of the woodworks.  so i checked my credit score today, and my transunion is at 595!!!! almost 600!!  but equifax, my cleanest report (it has less ca's than the others) is stuck at 510!! 

i have never seen the 600s, which i'm still torn up inside.  i made some dumb mistakes while in college and my mother hiding bills from me didnt help, but thats another story.  i think its soo sad that i'll be 30 in a few more years, and will still have bad credit- thanks to old medical collections (paid hospital, but ca refuses to delete and besides suing there is nothing left for me to do, because i've written millions of letters to the hospital, cra, and ca, and they keep updating the collections)

but, i think that it is sooo pathetic that i make a very good sallary, and medical collections and a few student loan lates are why i have bad credit, and i'll be in my mid 30's before i ever see what having good credit looks like.i can't be the only one in this predicament!!! i've paid my 1 credit card and store card down to 1%, there is really nothing else i can do but suffer in bad credit h$*ll!!!  Smiley Mad  sorry, i just had to vent.   thanks for reading this if you made it this far!!! 

i can't be the only one in this predicament. i feel like, if i have to serve my bad credit prison sentence, i should've gotten somehting out of the deal, atleast had i enjoyed having some thousand+++ credit cards that i had and let go maybe i'd feel better, because i feel like by this point, i've paid my dues, literally. oh well. 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: bad credit and nothing i can do about it!! anyone else feel like this???

I was 51 when I finished DMP and actually had good credit.  That took 5 years.

When I first started doing something about my credit it seemd like it would take forever and I would be able to do it.  Now it seems like it was yesterday and I already forgot how long it seemed back then

Time and good payment history will fix everything FICO score wise so just keep working at it.

Message Edited by marty56 on 06-09-2008 06:47 AM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bad credit and nothing i can do about it!! anyone else feel like this???

{{{{{{{{{{{Angie!}}}}}}}}} (For those that don't know, that's a virtual hug!)

Angie, Darlin' it WILL get better!! Trust me!! I know it doesn't feel like it NOW, but it will. Just like with broken hearts, broken credit heals with TIME!!!

I think I'm a fairly decent story for that ... my ex-husband ruined my credit (and my finances) to the tune of over $100K, voluntarily repoed TWO of MY cars (without my knowledge, while I was out of town on a biz trip), kited checks in MY name all over the military base we lived on and emptied MY bank accounts.

Needless to say, most I couldn't prove (he was smart, he was sneaky) ... and my credit ended up botched beyond all recognition. BUT, seven years later, it all dropped off!! I went from an 850 to 350 "FICO" (I think they were FAKOs back then).

If I hadn't had made MORE mistake s with my credit, I'd be back in the catbird seat. But I accrued collections (medical) and so my credit is NOW shot. But I DID bring it back up to 700 before I screwed MYSELF up.

You can bring yours up, too. Time heals all wounds. You may not have perfect credit NOW, but you can get there!!

For starters, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, you can open a "secured" credit card. I've heard BoA is a good choice. Once you've paid the payments on time for at least 6 months (sometimes 9), they'll upgrade you to a NONsecured card. And your FICO will go UP!!!

Meanwhile, continue to GW!! Others here had been GWing for months before they got any results. It may sound pointless, but say that to those who have finally been rewarded with goodwill from their creditors!! It DOES happen!!

But NONE of those good things will happen if you lose hope!! So keep on, keepin' on and you'll GET there!!!

If you ever need to talk, just PM me. I'm more than happy to listen! Smiley Happy

Hugs & God Bless!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.